Chantecaille Sunlight Face Illuminator ($45.00 for 0.11 oz.) is a soft orange with a sparkling, golden sheen. It had medium coverage, which was buildable to semi-opaque coverage, with fine shimmer that managed to sparkle and reflect light well but did not read glittery on my skin. The texture was drier to the touch and didn’t feel as “luxe” to the touch as I would expect at this price point, but it looked fantastic applied and blended out with ease in practice. It’s more like a highlighting bronzer (for some skin tones) than strictly a highlighter. The brand doesn’t offer much insight into coverage, only with respect to the finish (“beachy glow”). It wore well for eight hours on me before fading slightly.
P.S. — Please note the compact size/product size, as it is smaller than most highlighting products on the market.
- Cle de Peau Sand Beige (13) (P, $55.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Cover FX Moonlight (P, $34.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Smashbox Shimmer (LE, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Taffy (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Too Faced Starlight (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC She's a Rainbow (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Illuminator (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Highlighter (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Highly Waisted (P, $8.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Milani Dayglow (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, C12-20 Acid Peg-8 Ester, Glycerin, Mica, Silica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Hdi/trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polysorbate 80, Xanthan Gum, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, Dicalcium Phosphate Dihydrate, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491/ci 77492/ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]