Chanel Verderame (824) Ombre Premiere Longwear Cream Eyeshadow ($36.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a blackened teal with subtle, warmer green undertones and a fine, pearly sheen. It had good pigmentation in a single layer, though it wasn’t fully opaque. It could be built up as long as I waited for the initial layer to dry down fully. The cream eyeshadow had a smooth, almost sponge-like consistency that felt wet to the touch but set fast enough not to settle into lines or gather in my creases. The deeper color made it less easy to use as a sheer wash of color, as the base tended to look patchy when I sheered it out. On me, it lasted well for 14 hours before creasing faintly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Clarins Garden Escape #2 (LE, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- LORAC Lagoon (LE, $19.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Too Faced Central Perk (LE, $16.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Night Porter (DC, $25.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Damaged (LE, $19.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Momentum (DC, $25.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- KVD Beauty Scarab (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, brighter (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Emeraude (04) (DC, $39.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NYX Jaded (P, $6.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Smashbox STFU (PiP, ) is darker, brighter (90% similar).
$36.00/0.14 oz. - $257.14 Per Ounce
Chanel describes the formula as a “smooth-textured cream shadow [that] glides on effortlessly” and is “long-wearing.” Overall, the consistency has moderate slip–emollient but not greasy or overly wet in feel–and feels more like a traditional cream eyeshadow than Chanel’s Illusion d’Ombres. They go on as a thin layer but have fairly good pigmentation. The formula dried down quite quickly leaving little time for blending or diffusing edges, even when working one eye at a time, which was where I struggled. I think some of them tended to work better as lid colors and using something else for a more diffused/blended out crease color. They did, however, wear impeccably for as long as fourteen hours on me–no creasing, fading, or flaking.
Browse all of our Chanel Ombre Premiere Longwear Cream Eyeshadow swatches.