Silver Screen (822)
Chanel Silver Screen (822) Ombre Premiere Longwear Cream Eyeshadow ($36.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a smoldering, medium-dark taupe with subtle, warm olive undertones and a sparkling finish. It had semi-opaque coverage in a single layer, which was buildable to full coverage by applying a second layer on top. The consistency was smooth, thin, and workable along the edges as a standalone eyeshadow. It wasn’t my favorite sheered out as the darker color did not appear as even when sheered out drastically. It lasted without creasing for 14 hours but had slight fallout after 10 hours of wear.
Chanel’s holiday collection will be available October 16th online and November 2017 at counters.
- Dose of Colors Slinky (P, $20.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Stila Substance (P, ) is cooler (95% similar).
- NARS Stud (LE, $25.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Dior Moonlight #4 (LE, ) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Benefit Birthday Suit (P, $20.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Moondust (P, $6.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Madrid (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Industrial (45M) (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Bye Bye Bahamas (LE, $17.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NARS Lucid Dream (LE, $28.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$36.00/0.14 oz. - $257.14 Per Ounce
Chanel describes the formula as a “smooth-textured cream shadow [that] glides on effortlessly” and is “long-wearing.” Overall, the consistency has moderate slip–emollient but not greasy or overly wet in feel–and feels more like a traditional cream eyeshadow than Chanel’s Illusion d’Ombres. They go on as a thin layer but have fairly good pigmentation. The formula dried down quite quickly leaving little time for blending or diffusing edges, even when working one eye at a time, which was where I struggled. I think some of them tended to work better as lid colors and using something else for a more diffused/blended out crease color. They did, however, wear impeccably for as long as fourteen hours on me–no creasing, fading, or flaking.
Browse all of our Chanel Ombre Premiere Longwear Cream Eyeshadow swatches.