Chanel Medium Les Beiges Healthy Glow Luminous Colour ($58.00 for 0.42oz.) is a light-medium, golden brown with warm, yellow undertones and a satin sheen. It had sehmi-sheer pigmentation in one layer, which was buildable to medium coverage with two to three layers. On my skin tone (about light-medium), the color just barely showed up (more noticeable in person than in photos) with a subtle glow–natural and easy-to-wear, so for a true bronzing effect, it seemed like it would suit fair and light skin tones best and be more of a highlighting powder on light-medium and medium skin tones. The texture was soft, silky, and somewhat in the powdery side, so it had a tendency to sheer out a bit on the skin initially. The powder wore well for eight hours on me before fading.
Chanel described the formula as a “powder bronze and highlighter enriched with illuminating pigments” with a “buildable, soft texture.” The brand noted to select a shade lighter than your skin tone for highlighting and darker than your skin tone for bronzing–so it was less of a multi-tasking product and more that one could use it either as a highlighting powder or as a bronzing powder. I think you can get a little illumination and subtle warmth if you choose a shade similar to your skin tone, though, which is the closest to having the best of both worlds.
- Becca Bali Sands (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Physicians Formula Light Bronze (P, $14.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Milani Dolce (P, $8.99) is darker (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Sun Glow (90) (P, $64.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Vallarta (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, more muted, cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Sunkissed (P, $22.00) is darker, more muted (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Ticket to Brazil (P, $4.99) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Tres Modern (LE, ) is lighter, more muted (90% similar).
- Sephora Los Cabos (P, $17.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Givenchy Ambre Saison (P, $52.00) is darker (90% similar).