Chanel Light Les Beiges Healthy Glow Luminous Colour ($58.00 for 0.42oz.) is a light-medium peach with warm undertones and a satin finish. It had medium, buildable color payoff that sat well on the skin. The consistency was incredibly soft, smooth, and a little dusty in the pan, but I felt like it did not apply well to drier skin (my arm is drier, my cheeks are more normal-to-dry) and had a tendency to sheer out quite a bit without building up. If I applied it over just-applied liquid foundation, the powder went on more smoothly and was more noticeable. This shade should work better on very fair complexions for either bronzing or highlighting as well as light skin tones for highlighting–in photos, it didn’t show up at all, but in person I could detect it just barely on my skin. The powder seemed to last about eight hours on me.
Chanel described the formula as a “powder bronze and highlighter enriched with illuminating pigments” with a “buildable, soft texture.” The brand noted to select a shade lighter than your skin tone for highlighting and darker than your skin tone for bronzing–so it was less of a multi-tasking product and more that one could use it either as a highlighting powder or as a bronzing powder. I think you can get a little illumination and subtle warmth if you choose a shade similar to your skin tone, though, which is the closest to having the best of both worlds.
- Cle de Peau Golden Apricot (P, $55.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Laura Geller Peach Glow (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Surratt Beauty Duchesse (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Hourglass Brilliant Nude (PiP, $38.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Benefit Georgia (DC, $29.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Too Faced Sun Bunny (Left) (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- bareMinerals The Brilliant Sunset (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Laura Mercier Highlight 01 (P, ) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Zoeva CR040 (P, ) is less shimmery, darker (80% similar).
- MAC Blush Pink (LE, $35.50) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (80% similar).