Buxom Goa Wanderlust Primer-Infused Blush ($22.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a rich berry with subtle, warm undertones and a luminous finish. It had rich, opaque pigmentation in one layer, though one needed the barest tap of one’s brush in the pan for a fair amount of coverage! The texture was smooth, soft without being too powdery nor too firmly pressed in the pan. The product applied intensely initially, but I was able to spread and diffuse the color outward with a nice, blended edge. It stayed on well for 10 hours before starting to fade a bit but had a good amount product still visible after 12 hours of wear.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- IT Cosmetics Radiant in Rose (P, $24.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- NARS New Fling (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Outlaw (P, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Anastasia Exotic (PiP, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- KIKO 104 Pastel Pink (P, $12.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- theBalm Pinstripe (P, $22.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Misconduct (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Cheerio (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Fire Fury (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Neolita (P, $37.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
$22.00/0.13 oz. - $169.23 Per Ounce
The powder blush is supposed to have "12-hour wear" thanks to the "primer-infused" formulation that is supposed to "seamlessly blend" with a "luminous finish." It is scented with a "subtle, beachy scent" (it smells a bit like coconut and suntan lotion... aptly described a"beach," but wasn't a scent I detected much on, though my sense of smell has been dulled down lately). Most of the shades had semi-opaque to opaque pigmentation--and some where intensely pigmented to the point where the warning "use with a light hand" comes into play--with soft, finely-milled consistencies that were a little dusty in the pan.
The finish varied from satin to more pearlescent, and one shade has larger sparkles to it, so you'll want to pay attention to the finish of a particular shade if you are particular about the level of shine/shimmer in your cheek colors. I noticed that most of the shades applied darker and richer on my skin, both my forearm as well as my cheeks, than they appeared in the pot. The blushes blended out well and lasted between nine and 11 hours on me--definitely a bit longer wearing than average. They looked smoother and were more forgiving of skin texture when worn on bare skin than the average powder blush, too.
Browse all of our Buxom Wanderlust Primer-Infused Blush swatches.
Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Stearyl Dimethicone, Fragrance, Poloxamer 338, Silica, PTFE, Octadecene, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Carmine (Ci 75470), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985), Ultramarines (Ci 77007).