Bobbi Brown Tawny Glow Highlighting Powder ($48.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a muted, medium-dark rosy copper with subtle, warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It was richly pigmented with a finish that was noticeable but still more moderate than full-on metallic.
The formula is designed to give “high-impact, buildable radiance.” The finish was about the same whether I wore it with semi-sheer coverage or more opaque coverage, though if I applied the barest amount, then maybe I could see something subtle about the luminosity on my skin. The powder had a smooth, soft consistency–softer than a lot of similar formulations, where they can feel a smidgen dry to the touch, though they look lovely on!–that was easy to apply, blend out, and use on the skin. I found that the rosy tone of this came through more as I applied and blended out the product in practice than initially swatched. It wore well for nine hours on me before fading slightly.
- Colour Pop Might Be (P, $8.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 15 Golden Pink (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Pink Quartz (P, $46.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Estee Lauder Modern Mercury (LE, $65.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Laura Mercier Temptation (LE, $44.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- MAC Superb (P, $33.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Lancome Rose Twinkle #2 (LE, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- LORAC Spotlight (LE, $23.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Total Package (P, $8.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Lancome Rosegold Lights (P, $23.00) is warmer (90% similar).
$48.00/0.28 oz. - $171.43 Per Ounce
The formula is designed to give “high-impact, buildable radiance.” Most shades had medium or more intense pigmentation with moderate to intense shimmer, as some shades were more metallic and/or had fine sparkles. However, the powder buffs and diffuses particularly well and has a tendency to "melt" a bit more on the skin as a result. The texture was soft, smooth, and not too dense nor so soft that it became powdery in the pan. This formula typically lasted eight hours or so on my skin.
Browse all of our Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powder swatches.