Bobbi Brown Beach Eye Shadow Trio Review, Photos, Swatches
Bobbi Brown Beach Eye Shadow Trio ($40.00 for 0.25 oz.) includes three, warm-toned neutral shades in shimmery finishes. If you like your eyeshadows more pigmented, then consider this palette a solid B as the shade that did the worst was due to being opaque when it should have been sheer. The palette itself will work best for someone who likes shimmery, warm-toned neutrals and doesn’t already have a collection full of them as these were fairly dupable.
The trio is comprised of different finishes from the brand. The Metallic Eye Shadow finish is described as a “high-shimmer, high-pigment” formula. The Sparkle Eye Shadow finish is supposed to be a “featherweight” formula with “shimmering pearls and fine sparkle.” The Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow finish is described as a “sheer wash of shimmer.”
LELimited Edition. $40.00.
Tiki is a golden bronze with warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It had rich color payoff that applied evenly and smoothly to the skin. The consistency was soft, a smidgen dusty in the pan, but it adhered evenly to my lid and was blendable along the edges. This shade lasted for eight hours on me.
- MAC Woodwinked (P, $17.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Tiger Eye #3 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop Board Shorts (P, $4.50) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Clarins The Essentials #6 (LE, ) is warmer (95% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Foxy (LE, ) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- KVD Beauty Nephilim (LE, ) is warmer (95% similar).
- Smashbox Nutmeg (LE, ) is warmer (95% similar).
- Chanel Memory (P, $36.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Walking on Eggshells #3 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Dose of Colors Sunglow (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
LELimited Edition. $22.00.
Sandcastle is a light-medium gold with warm undertones and a sparkling, metallic finish. It had good color coverage that had a denser, almost wet consistency. There was a noticeable amount of sparkle in it, which was expected as it was a Sparkle finish. I had some fallout when initially applying, and there was continued fallout during wear (what I’d describe as a moderate amount). I would advise using this with an adhesive base to minimize the fallout.
- MAC The Naked Time (LE, $21.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Emerald Isles (Eye Color) (LE, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Guerlain Petrouchka #1 (LE, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Sephora Minx (LE, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- MAC Lily White (2014) (LE, $21.00) is brighter (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Reflects Gilt (LE, $46.00) is darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Flower Child (LE, $6.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Dior Lucky Star #3 (LE, ) is darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Golden Hour (LE, $6.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- LORAC Gilded (LE, $19.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
Sunset is a muted, medium-dark gold with warm, orange undertones and a pearly sheen. While it was listed as a Shimmer Wash eyeshadow, it was opaque–not at all sheer. The best case scenario was using a tiny amount on the brush and blending it out as a sheer wash, but it was quite pigmented overall. The consistency was soft, lightly dusty in the pan, but blended out without losing its intensity on the lid. This shade lasted for seven hours on me before fading noticeably.
- Make Up For Ever I648 Golden Fawn (P, $17.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Rocket Girl (LE, $17.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Coin (LE, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Becca Topaz (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- MAC Her Cocoa #1 (LE, $17.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Smashbox Gold Sunnies (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- KVD Beauty Summerfly (DC, ) is brighter (95% similar).
- Ulta Gold (P, $10.00) is more shimmery, lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- MAC Glowing Gold (LE, $17.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Zoeva Unfinished (PiP, ) is more muted, cooler (90% similar).
Comments on this post are closed.
Looks more like a sand trio than a beach trio to me lol.
I saw the name first before the palette, so I was pretty excited thinking there was a blue as one of the shades. To represent the ocean at a beach.
The bluish trio is Peace!
I’ll have to check that out! Thanks Christine!
$40 for 3 shadows that I have many dupes of ? Pretty colors, but easy skip for me
It’s definitely dupable!
Once again, you took the words right out of my mouth, Katherine T.
Pretty much. Frankly, have better versions of most of these….in both bbs reviewed. Also, tend not to gravitate to bb shadows, anyway. I find bb a fairly polarizing brand…love it, or not so much. When bb was new, liked the lips. The skin products were way too warm. But these are as exciting to me as white bread. Kind of on Anna’s page. But there will be people who adore these. the warm, neutral, and subtle crowd will be all over these. But, as KT said, they ought to do better for a trio at that price point.
This is a boring trio!
I’m sorry to hear that!
LOL! I am one of those who is swimming in her neutrals! Gotta say, though, I totally agree with you that if one isn’t, this is a really nice one. Sunset in particular, is just beautiful!
It’s a pretty set of warm neutrals! 🙂
To me, this is a redundant trio – first of all, the shades are really easily duped and the first and third shades are so similar to each other.
Secondly, the third shade Sunset, should have been either a dark brown or a beautiful blue to represent the beach and thirdly the rating is just not good enough to justify the price.
Thank goodness for easy skips!
I really like this one. Swatched it on my hand in store, love the golden sparkle shade in the centre. However, glad I didn’t buy this cause I do not have glitter adhesive. I would have to go buy that for this specifically. So, I think I will skip this one. Thanks Christine!
No problem, Amirah! An adhesive is a must with Bobbi Brown’s Sparkle eyeshadows, unfortunately! I suppose a tacky cream eyeshadow coul work as well but likely not quite as well.
Too warm for me but tiki is a winner of a shade!