Benefit PomPom Blush Review & Swatches
Benefit PomPom WANDERful World Silky-Soft Powder Blush ($29.00 for 0.21 oz.) is a darker, dusty coral with moderate, warm undertones–balanced between pink and orange–with a mostly matte finish.
- Medium to mostly opaque coverage, easily buildable
- Smooth, velvety, and finely-milled without being too firm or too powdery
- Applied evenly and seamlessly on skin, almost blended itself
- Long-wearing (8 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Dior Cosmic Coral (556) (LE, $46.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- REFY Malaya (P, $20.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- OFRA Sweet Stuff (LE, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Hi Infatuation (PiP, $10.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Essence Beloved (P, $2.99) is cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Lil Bashful (PiP, $10.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Smith and Cult Warm Pink (P, $24.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Rare Beauty Nearly Neutral (P, $21.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Essence Rosy Rosewood (P, $5.99).
$29.00/0.21 oz. - $138.10 Per Ounce
The WANDERful World Blush formula is supposed to have a "silky-soft" texture that is "buildable, blendable" and feel "weightless" on the skin. The range featured finishes from matte to shimmer with less-intense variations in-between. They described the effect as "soft-focus, airbrushed," and I think that was the one aspect that stood out to me (without even having read the description) was how smooth, seamless, and soft the blushes sat on my skin.
They were medium to mostly opaque, buildable in pigmentation and felt very intuitive to use. I could use a lighter hand for sheerer coverage, a heavier hand for higher coverage, or easily build and blend to desired opacity in a way that felt quite forgiving. The consistency was finely-milled, smooth, and easy to pick up with smaller, larger, feathery, and denser brushes.
The formula lasted eight to nine hours on me with some of the richer/deeper hues with slight shimmer seeming to last a bit longer compared to the very light and more matte shades.
Browse all of our Benefit WANDERful World Silky-Soft Powder Blush swatches.
SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ZINC STEARATE, LAURYL DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, MICA, ALUMINA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), LAURETH-4, PEARL POWDER, STEARIC ACID, AQUA (WATER), VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHEROL, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE. [+/- CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Definitely a shade that I would love to have, although I do wish that Benefit would STOP with those bulky, space stealing boxes! This is the only reason why I haven’t bought one as of yet. And now I will finally cave into getting one!
Very pretty on you Christine. A bit too orangey for me, but love the finish on it.