Becca Lilac Geode Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($38.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a light-medium pink with cooler undertones paired with warmer, golden shimmer. On my complexion, it ended up translating to a warmer color overall, though on cooler skin tones, the blue in the base might come through more prominently. It had excellent pigmentation with a soft, smooth, and blendable consistency that wasn’t too soft nor was it too firm in the pan. The highlighter was easy to work with using a myriad of brushes and could be applied more lightly just by using a lighter hand or less dense brush. It had a more metallic, high-shine finish on the skin at medium or greater coverage, though it did not emphasize my skin’s texture to my eye. On me, it stayed on well for eight and a half hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Natasha Denona Pink and Golden Champagne (PiP, $42.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Pink Gold Glow (LE, $48.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Foiled Petal (LE, $50.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Beaming Blush (P, $37.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Jouer Rose Gold (P, $24.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lightgasm Pop Blush (LE, ) is less shimmery, less pigmented, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Angel Food (P, $8.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Maybelline Knockout (LE, $9.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Becca Parisian Lights (LE, $38.00) is lighter (85% similar).
- ColourPop Forget Me Not (LE, $8.00) is lighter, brighter, cooler (90% similar).
$38.00/0.25 oz. - $152.00 Per Ounce
The Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed formula is described as having an "ultra-reflective shine" with a "creamy" texture that "applies seamlessly." In general, the texture of the highlighters is incredibly smooth, silky, and finely-milled with frosted to metallic finishes and the occasional more sparkly finish.
They tend to have a high-shine, more metallic finish and are a stronger highlighter, so they are going to be best suited to someone who likes an obvious highlight over a very subtle one. That being said, with a fan brush and a deft hand, one could certainly achieve a subtler, all-over luminosity as well, but if one takes a typical, tapered highlighting brush, there will be quite a bit of pigment and highlight on the skin.
I find that some shades can emphasize the look of pores slightly to moderately, depending on application. They tend to last between eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed swatches.
Mica, Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isostearyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Silica, Boron Nitride, Nylon-12, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Paraffin, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax/Cire Microcristalline), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Potassium Sorbate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Tin Oxide, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.