Becca Hi Angel Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed ($38.00 for 0.25 oz.) has a soft, warmer peachy-copper base with iridescent, blue-to-violet shifting pearl. It has a smooth, silky consistency that wasn’t powdery nor too firmly-pressed into the pan, which helped it pick up readily with a brush while blending out beautifully.
The product had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, though I found easy to apply less or buff the color out for sheerer coverage if desired. It stayed on well for eight and a half hours before fading visibly.
Sad to see Becca go, but this last release is a high note!
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Fair-Medium #3 (PiP, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Cover FX Blossom (P, $42.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Pink Gold Glow (LE, $48.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Pink (P, $10.99) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Catrice Pinch of Rose (P, $6.99) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Violet Argente (Highlighter) (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Ciate Moondust (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Rose Inc Opalescent (P, $36.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Huda Beauty Ibiza (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Warm Aura (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
$38.00/0.25 oz. - $152.00 Per Ounce
The Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed formula is described as having an "ultra-reflective shine" with a "creamy" texture that "applies seamlessly." In general, the texture of the highlighters is incredibly smooth, silky, and finely-milled with frosted to metallic finishes and the occasional more sparkly finish.
They tend to have a high-shine, more metallic finish and are a stronger highlighter, so they are going to be best suited to someone who likes an obvious highlight over a very subtle one. That being said, with a fan brush and a deft hand, one could certainly achieve a subtler, all-over luminosity as well, but if one takes a typical, tapered highlighting brush, there will be quite a bit of pigment and highlight on the skin.
I find that some shades can emphasize the look of pores slightly to moderately, depending on application. They tend to last between eight to nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed swatches.