Artist Couture Conceited Diamond Glow Powder ($27.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a more muted, deeper gold with a warm, coppery base with a golden, metallic sheen that also had a dusting of golden sparkle. One layer of product had nearly opaque coverage with a moderate, shiny finish that was glowing, lightly shimmery but not in pore-emphasizing territory. A second layer built up the sheen to a more metallic finish that seemed to emphasize my skin’s natural texture just slightly.
The texture was soft, finely-milled and lighter-weight (so it could be messier if one isn’t familiar with working with loose powder) but had good adhesion and spread well across my skin. It stayed on nicely for seven and a half hours before fading a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Hourglass Lucent Strobe Light (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Becca Opal (P, $19.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Gold Bullion (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Sol Mate (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop 1st Prize (LE, $12.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Bronze Nectar (003) (PiP, $60.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Gold Ore (P, $39.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Pyrite (LE, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Blow Me Out (LE, $10.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Kaja Dreamy (P, $24.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
$27.00/0.16 oz. - $168.75 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed have a buildable glow, so you can have a "subtle, luminous sheen" or build it up for an "intense, amplified look." They can also be applied to eyes and lips if desired. They appear to be opaque in promotional swatches and imagery, which was what I also found while testing; they were semi-opaque to opaque, though as a loose product, one could simply use the smallest amount to get something sheerer.
The powder was very finely-milled, which helped it spread well on bare skin and not emphasize my skin's natural texture. It seemed to have a shinier finish, while still being noticeably shimmery/sparkly, and the glow could be built up to intensely metallic if desired. I liked to pick up product on a tapered highlighting brush and gently swirl the brush on the underside of the lid, which helped to evenly distribute the product on my brush.
They wore between seven and eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder swatches.
Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891). May Contain (+/-): Silica, Carmine.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.