Artist Couture Coco Bling Diamond Glow Powder ($27.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a bright, slightly golden beige with a semi-translucent base packed with high-shine, reflective shimmer and sparkle that gave it a shiny, shimmery sheen. It had good color coverage in a single layer, which could be built up for full coverage as well as a more intense, more metallic glow. Even at more medium to semi-opaque coverage, it looked shiny enough that it looked wet!
The more translucent base should help it work more readily across a variety of skin tones, and it does help it layer over other products without drastically altering the base color (more additive). The consistency was finely-milled and soft, very lightweight so I’d recommend using a light hand and employing the sifter (which can be closed) to avoid getting too much product into the well for application. The highlighter applied evenly to bare skin and diffused well along the edges. It wore well for eight hours before fading noticeably on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Anastasia Crystal (P, $22.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- OFRA MarchBeautyWord (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Silver Dusk (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Blossom Glow (P, $4.99) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Horse and Carriage (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Cle de Peau Bal Masque (LE, $120.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Catrice Champagne Campaign (P, $5.99) is less shimmery (85% similar).
- Natasha Denona Light (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Tutu (LE, $37.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Maybelline Nikkie Tutorials (LE, $9.99) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (85% similar).
$27.00/0.16 oz. - $168.75 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed have a buildable glow, so you can have a "subtle, luminous sheen" or build it up for an "intense, amplified look." They can also be applied to eyes and lips if desired. They appear to be opaque in promotional swatches and imagery, which was what I also found while testing; they were semi-opaque to opaque, though as a loose product, one could simply use the smallest amount to get something sheerer.
The powder was very finely-milled, which helped it spread well on bare skin and not emphasize my skin's natural texture. It seemed to have a shinier finish, while still being noticeably shimmery/sparkly, and the glow could be built up to intensely metallic if desired. I liked to pick up product on a tapered highlighting brush and gently swirl the brush on the underside of the lid, which helped to evenly distribute the product on my brush.
They wore between seven and eight hours on me before fading noticeably.
Browse all of our Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder swatches.
Mica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891). May Contain (+/-): Silica, Carmine.