The real deal!
6 Red Lipsticks to Get Angelina Jolie’s 2012 Golden Globes Red Lip
Angelina Jolie’s red lips was one of the most talked about beauty looks from this year’s Golden Globes. I don’t know what she wore, and while I’ve attempted to find out, I haven’t had any luck yet! Her lip looked anywhere from pinky-red to red-coral to red, but it never looked too orange. I saw it both with more of a matte/satin finish as well as a glossier look (perhaps recent reapplication?).
I know that Jolie has used Chantecaille in the past, and though I don’t own much from the range, possible shades within the brand would be Amaryllis Lip Chic, Azalea Lipstick, or Cassia Lipstick.
- Giorgio Armani #406 — deep blue-based red; slightly darker than what was worn
- Guerlain Liu — rich blue-based red with a glossy shine; bluer than what was worn
- Chanel Cambon — slightly orange-toned red; needs a teeniest bit more blue to be similar
- Guerlain Rouge Sensuel — almost red-coral with a subtle gold shimmer; lighter, has gold shimmer compared to what was worn
- MAC Perpetual Flame — pinky-red with a creamy finish; slightly pinker than what was worn
- NARS Flamenco — soft watermelon red; less opaque, less red
And as a bonus, contributor Damaris has a Brazilian option–O Boticario #330 Lipstick (R$ 12,90).