6 Sorceress Eye Shadows
MAC Magic, Mirth, & Mischief Review: Sorceress Eye Shadows
I’ve always liked MAC eyeshadow palettes, because I do feel like they represent a chance to get multiple eyeshadows at a more affordable price point, and MAC has put out some great limited edition shades in holiday palettes in the past. This year’s palettes actually reminded me of a bit of the Ornamentalism palettes from a few years ago–which is a good thing. The packaging is better, though, this year, as it’s sleek, functional, and feels like it has more quality than the last few years’ palettes.
6 Sorceress Eye Shadows ($36.00 U.S.)
- White Rabbit is a frosty silver-tinged white. It’s not a particularly unique shade, and I’d say it’s a little too frosty to work well as a highlighter for most.
- Hold My Gaze is a gray-green base with golden-green shimmer. This is actually a very unique shade, and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen an eyeshadow of this color before (which is pretty surprising). It has decent pigmentation. It’s just a very unusual shade.
- Edge of Dark is a charcoal gray with silver gray shimmer, and I had some issues getting it to go on smoothly. It doesn’t have the best texture, but it is a lustre, so I’m not surprised.
- Magnetized is a frosty white-purple. It kind of reminded me of a lighter, whiter Beautiful Iris eyeshadow.
- Hypnotizing is a grayed down mauve. It’s dark yet light, because it’s not an intense shade.
- Altered State is a dark, almost jewel-toned purple with slight reddish brown tones. I liked this shade a lot.
I liked the combination of colors MAC put into the Sorceress combination, and I was pleasantly surprised by Hold My Gaze. I’d probably buy it just for that shade, simply because I haven’t seen one like that before. I can appreciate the originality of it! Overall, though, it is a cooler palette, so if you prefer warm shades, you might not like this one.
- Product: 27/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
See photos and swatches…
6 Sorceress Eye Shadows: White Rabbit, Hold My Gaze, Edge of Dark, Magnetized, Hypnotizing, Altered State
6 Sorceress Eye Shadows: White Rabbit, Hold My Gaze, Edge of Dark
6 Sorceress Eye Shadows: Magnetized, Hypnotizing, Altered State
Please do not redistribute or repost these images without permission. If you want to share, please link back to this post instead! Thank you!