MAC Magic, Mirth, & Mischief Review: Mineralize Eyeshadows Photos, Swatches
Midnight Madness Mineralize Eyeshadow
MAC Magic, Mirth, & Mischief Review: Mineralize Eyeshadows
Every MAC holiday color collection sees an introduction of new, limited edition mineralize eyeshadows. This year is no different. With six mineralize eyeshadows, each with a crescent of some glittery concoction, MAC really wants to make sure you get your mineralize fix for the year.
I will say that these are some of the smoothest, most pigmented mineralize eyeshadows (this doesn’t include the “crescent” shade, though) I’ve played with to-date. These don’t have to be used wet in order to get decent color pay off, so that’s a huge plus in my book. The crescent pieces are, in my opinion, terrible, because they’re just gritty glitter. Like last year’s trios, I find the crescent portion a let-down.
- Midnight Madness is a cool-toned dirty black-taupe with lighter silver sparkle and a crescent of glittery gold.
- Under Your Spell is a cool-toned, silvery-purple. This one was fairly light in color, but it has a really nifty sheen. The crescent is a glittery copper.
- It’s a Miracle is a rich, jewel-toned purple with golden shimmer combined with a crescent of glittery gold (looks the same as the shade in Midnight Madness to me).
- Blue Sorcery is an intense shade of medium green-based teal with softer green shimmer. It reminded me of an old holiday shade, Tease ‘n Teal, actually. It’s stunning. It’s matched with a crescent of glittery silver.
- Devil-May-Care is a medium purple with a silver sheen and cool tones. It’s nicely pigmented, but I think you could dupe this with one of MAC’s existing purple eyeshadows. The crescent portion is glittery silver.
- Mayhem is a rich copper-bronze with a high sheen/frost finish. It’s like Amber Lights and Woodwinked had a baby. The crescent portion is glittery silver.
I wish MAC would have done away with the crescent portions or had made it the same texture/feel as the larger shade. I just can’t imagine dealing with the inevitable fall out the glittery crescents will have. My top picks would be Midnight Madness, It’s a Miracle, and Blue Sorcery.
- Product: 26/30
- Value: 7/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
See photos and swatches…
Under Your Spell Mineralize Eyeshadow
It’s a Miracle Mineralize Eyeshadow
Blue Sorcery Mineralize Eyeshadow
Devil-May-Care Mineralize Eyeshadow
Mayhem Mineralize Eyeshadow
Mineralize Eyeshadow: Midnight Madness, Under Your Spell
Mineralize Eyeshadow: Under Your Spell, It’s a Miracle
Mineralize Eyeshadow: Blue Sorcery, Devil-May-Care
Mineralize Eyeshadow: Devil-May-Care, Mayhem
Please do not redistribute or repost these images without permission. If you want to share, please link back to this post instead! Thank you!