Luckily, I haven’t experienced any real trouble with the new Metal-X shadows, but I have heard plenty of those who have been unsure about their application, ease, and lasting power. Of course, this means I must enlist the help of an expert, and who better than Victor Cembellin, Senior MAC Artist, to guide us all?
Here are a couple of quick tips on how to play with the Metal X collection!
- With a unique ‘cream powder’ formula the Metal X colors may stand on their own as a metallic lid color (with little to no creasing) simple apply with a MAC #242 or #252 brush and pat across a bare eye lid.
- For an unbeatable intensity- use the Metal X colors as a base for any MAC eyes shadow on top make shadows perform like their on steroids J.
- Add glitter liners thinly on top of any perfectly applied fluid eyeliner to create a modernized 50’s cat eye. VERY CHIC.
- Using the litter gold and silver Metal X tones, apply sparingly to the high cheek bones for a beautiful ‘plastic’ effect on the skin.
- Use glitter liners sparingly below the eye to add interest and a unique spin on any eye make up application.
- Use glitter liner on the tips of any style of MAC lashes to create a diamond-like effect to the lash.
Hope these help some of you! Let me know what tips and tricks you’ve found that would really help others, too.