MAC Cosmetics Adoring Carmine Holiday 2008 Gift Sets Review
OVERALL, Adoring Carmine didn’t impress me like it originally did when I saw the promo photos for the launch. The packaging just isn’t as sleek and luxe as it looked in the images. Instead, the bright patent red portion of the bag looks too much for me. I also found that most of the lipsticks were just too sheer for my personal preference! I did pick up the Rose Lips set, mostly because of the pink gloss, which caught my eye.
Get the detailed reviews for each product…
Neutral Lips Set
- My Dear is a dirty pink color with a touch of beige in it.
- Real Treasure is a sheer, glossy brownish color with just a touch of pink in it.
- Soft Spot is a super sheer soft pink color that reminded me of the shimmer of Pink Opal pigment.
Rose Lips Set
- Delicate is a blue-based pastel pink color, probably not my most complimentary color, but it’s not something I have.
- To Swoon For is a semi-sheer blue-based pink, but it’s not as cool as the lipglass.
- Romancin‘ is a creamy pink-plum color with more pigmentation than most of the lipsticks.
Red Lips Set
- Frostlight is a clear shimmery gloss with white flecks.
- Racy is a frosty burnt red with subtle shimmer; this shade had the best pay off overall.
- Adore It is a subdued pinkish red–it looks red in the tube, but because it’s sheerer, it goes on more like a pink than a true red.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tempt/public_html/wp-content/themes/myTemptalia/single.php on line 72