Happy Father’s Day!
Happy Father’s Day!
“Why do I have two sets of antlers, Daddy?” My Dad is known as the Answer Man, because you can ask him any question, and he’ll give you some kind of answer. (It’s usually the right one, but sometimes he’ll turn it into a joke if he doesn’t know it.) He is one of my biggest cheerleaders and supporters–I have been told that both my mom and sister have caught him watching my YouTube videos or catching up on the blog! I’m pretty sure he frequents Temptalia more than my mom and sister do, actually! And I actually call my dad Daddy more often than not.
Today, we wish a happy Father’s Day out to all of the amazing people who have been our fathers in our lives, from fathers, fathers-to-be, uncles, grandfathers, brothers, neighbors, friends, and even fur-dads, for being there for us, supporting our dreams, and loving us in a way only fathers can.
3 Things My Dad Taught Me About Beauty
- Painting your toe nails red just makes it look like your feet are bleeding! I don’t, visually, see that image myself, but whenever I wear red nail polish, I’m instantly reminded of my Dad. It always reminds me that we all have our different tastes, and what one person might not like, someone else may love.
- Perfume is meant to be subtle! Growing up, I wasn’t allowed to wear makeup, and I had to keep any scents subtle because even those were toeing the line. But I think there is something to be said for subtlety in your scent of choice–it should be there, apparent, lingering, but not overwhelming.
- You’re already pretty without makeup! If there was one person who I knew really meant it when they said, “You look better without makeup,” it would be my Dad, and it’s not an insult but how he genuinely feels. There is real joy knowing that someone finds you as beautiful with makeup as they do without.
3 Reasons I Appreciate My Dad
- He is completely and utterly rational. This means he’s not only a good sounding board, but he can be a really calming presence when you’re in the middle of a freak out and feel like your world is falling apart. There is no subterfuge with my Dad; he’ll tell you how it is if you ask him. He’ll help you find a solution the best way that he can.
- Dedication and commitment are rare qualities. He embodies both of these qualities to the fullest, and everyday I strive to be as dedicated and committed as he is to the things he loves most (like family). He does some things everyday that I put on my New Year’s Resolutions’ list every year; like have breakfast and walk the dogs (rain or shine or snow or hail).
- There’s no shame in being smart. I told you, my Dad is the Answer Man, and I grew up playing Jeopardy! with him and having a big, “WHAT?” every time he’d get an answer right. Even today, I’m just like, “How did you know that?” He’s not even a big sports guy, but he’ll get sports questions right.
Feel free to wish anyone in your life a happy Father’s Day, too! I’d love to know what beauty lessons you learned from yours!
Mellan & Shaun… Fur-kid and Fur-Dad