We're here to help you make better beauty purchases that you'll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!
We try to approve comments within 24 hours (and reply to them within 72 hours) but can sometimes get behind and appreciate your patience! 🙂 If you have general feedback, product review requests, off-topic questions, or need technical support, please contact us directly. Thank you for your patience!
Comments on this post are closed.
1) Paula Dorf Perfect Illusion for lips (my HG lip primer product!!! The only thing that comes close is UD Ultimate Ozone)
2) Max Factor Mascara – I don’t remember which one it was, but there was a Max Factor mascara that came in Auburn, and it was a great color!
3) Revlon Colorstay lipstick in clear – that’s what I used as a lip primer before it was discontinued and I moved on to Paula Dorf. It was $7.50 at the time compared to Paula Dorf’s $21 and it was the SAME PRODUCT!!!
1) Paula’s Choice nude matte eyeshadow palette. So incredibly good, beautiful buttery shadows that blend like a dream, the most pigmented black shadow I’ve ever seen–I yearn for this palette to be brought back. The day I hit pan on any of those shadows is going to be a day of mourning.
2) Mary Kay Earthbound eyeshadow trio from the At Play line. It still upsets me that my favorite go-to trio for my hazel eyes was discontinued. Best teal and shimmery chocolate I’ve ever used, even if the metallic (aka glitter bomb) champagne shade wasn’t my fave.
3) ColourPop Ibiza is, if not already gone, being discontinued and it kills me. It basically screamed 80s but it was a gorgeous true turquoise packed with shimmer.
Amazon has Paula’s Choice Nude Matte Eyeshadow Palette
THANK YOU BOTH AHHHH okay, now that that’s no longer a concern, I’m gonna calm down a little about using it so often ?
Great and you’re so welcome!
This will be weird, because the first few things that came to mind were all DS/ LE! Colourpop Meow and Puppy Love eyeshadows (I missed out on both, wasn’t expecting CP’s ONE day only warning!), WnW Color Icon 8 pan in Bleu Had Me At Hello (for a dear old friend of mine who missed out on it, so for her, yes.)
Also, some MAC eyeshadows that went away into “Good-Byes”! I know there must be other products that are totally flying past me, and I just cannot seem to recall what they were? Scary, but I’ll probably remember much later as I get ready to go to sleep!
Nars Douceur, Chanel Accent, YSL Cream Blushes.. bring back all the beautiful discontinued blushes!
I agree with the YSL cream blushes, they were so awesome. Mine is still going strong, never dried out and the color is gorgeous!
Nars Douceur was discontinued before I had a chance to try it. It was one of the few colors recommended as a possible dupe to Bobbi Brown’s Bahama Brown! Try Bobbi Brrown’s illuminating bronzer in Telluride. I never tried Douceur, but Telluride is a warm mauve color that goes on much lighter than it looks, might work for you.
Oh what a great question!!
*WNW Fergie Take On the Day Eye Primer -have tried +20 eye primers, and this is the only one that really works. I stockpiled 6 tubes before it got DC’d, should last me 10-12 yrs assuming they don’t dry out. I heard they are bringing it back, but without the Fergie name, but I haven’t seen anything yet
*UD Spectrum -not DC’d yet, but since it’s LE, it will be unless they make it permanent. All of the shadows are AMAZING, even the blues/purples/greens. Please UD, please, begging you !
*MAC Spring Flock blush – not DC’d yet, but since it’s LE, it will be unless they make it permanent. It is so brightening and fresh-looking, no close dupes, and as readers attest, so flattering on so many different skintones. I stockpiled a backup.
I actually didn’t even realize until today that this question was one I put out there! I’m getting forgetful lately….
I definitely thought, like you, Katherine. Why NOT make UD Spectrum and MAC Spring Flock permanent??? Both are HG for me! And quite a few others as well, so both brands should.
WNW Fergie primer was just repackaged! The new name is Photo Focus.
Thanks for the tip!! I will keep an eye out for it, hope they kept the same great formula
Thanks to your and Nancy T.’s raving about it, I broke down and ordered Spring Flock. I can’t wait for it to get here. If my wallet allowed, I would have bought the whole Flamingo Park collection. I got Have Your Cake and the eyeshadow palette. I’m trying to remain strong against the rest.
LOL, glad to be such an enabler 🙂 I think Spring Flock will look stunning on you. It’s my fave blush for Monday mornings, I swear it adds HOURS of sleep to my face. And us busy (and tired) mamas need all the help we can get ! Oh, and Have Your Cake is another great one. Hope you enjoy everything 🙂
Chanel Dragon, Dove face lotion and Sephora retractable waterproof lip liner.
1) Almay Intense i-Color Mascara in Raisin Quartz. It was the best color mascara ever for green eyes, and I used to do my brows with it, too. It went perfectly when I had auburn hair. I actually wrote a letter to Almay because I was so upset they got rid of it. I’d never done that before or since.
2) BareMinerals Weather Everything Liner Sealer. I know there are similar products out there, but I worry they’ll bother my sensitive eyes.
3) More of a product line, but Revlon Street Wear. I loved the All-Over Pencils and the nail polishes. It’s a line that totally needs a reboot, especially with 90s makeup colors becoming so popular again.
Yes Street Wear! I used to love the little tubes of glitter gel and the stackable swirl eye shadow pots!
Yes!! I still have a dirty brown all over pencil, it’s my favorite lip liner. Three inches left end to end. ?
I switched to the ELF one (something seal) which is now no longer in stores (Target, Walmart, or any drugstore),BUT online at Walmart or Target. Still $3.00 I think it was identical.
Yeah, e.l.f. has the Lock It (I think that’s what it’s called.) I can’t find it in stores. I tried ordering it and it arrived leaking everywhere. E.l.f. sent a replacement, and it arrived leaking everywhere. So did the next one. They ended up refunding my money and I gave up on it.
Oh, and if I could pick a fourth, Sephora Collection Rouge Cream Lipstick in Cougar. I forgot it has recently been DC’d. I have three backups, so I’m set for life, but I think Sephora was crazy to get rid of it.
L’Oreal Le Grand Curl mascara, Nars lip lacquer in Butterfield 8, Lancôme Color Fever lipsticks, Walk The Catwalk Brown in particular (it was my go-to pinky brown everyday shade for a long time).
Lulle, YES, L’Oreal Me Grand Curl Waterproof mascara was the absolute BEST mascara ever!!! I have yet to find one as good ad it was. No flaking or smudging, lasted perfectly until I took it off, and it did actually curl up my lashes, and the curl lasted til I took it off!
*Le Grand. That new phone has ridiculous autocorrect! And NO emoticons, either.
Oh no, I loved your emoticons!
Thanks Katherine. Yeah, this phone, a Motorola Moto, is a major pain! I loved my LG Optimus, but after only 16 months it went out on me last Monday night right before bedtime. I plan on saving up for a different phone that works better than this! Oh, and the store I bought this at FAILED to synch my Google account, photos, contacts, etc. So you can imagine how ticked I must be!!! Where’s my dragons?!?
Oh no, yikes, what a nightmare!!! Hope they fix soon 🙁
Coty 24 Lipstick, L’oreal Rogue Pulp lipcolor, and Revlon Matte lipstick in Strawberry Suede.
I loved those Loreal Rouge Pulp l/g Used every drop of them!
Amazon has Strawberry Suede : )
Rouge Pulp!!!! I wore the heck out of those!!! Found a stash of them once at a dollar store…but they were dried out 🙁
1. Lorac lip/cheek sheer wash stain. I used these stains on my lips before applying red or plum lipstick, and the colors were so true. I can’t love liquid lipsticks bc they’re so dry and matte. The Lorac stain was SO good.
2. Shu Uemura eye shadows and blushes that fit into customizable compacts. I had a whole bunch of square eyeshades and blushes, but then the company changed the dimensions of the pans, so nothing fits anymore. Plus, they just don’t have the big range of colors and finishes like they used to.
3. Prescriptives brand. What happened to the whole cosmetic line? I just googled it and found them online! But they used to make custom blended foundations and powders!
I repeated your query about Prescriptives righ tbelow you!!! They still do custom blended foundations and powders online. You make an appointment and do a video chat with a consultant. I can’t see how that could take the place of face to face testing, but they guarantee to fix it until they get it right. I just found my tiny travel size of my custom blend foundation in a briefcase that I used to take to work everyday!! Its probably been in there for twelve years!!! When I checked the color, the consistency was perfect, but the color was a little yellower than my current skin color. The depth was right on however!! I don[‘t know if it oxidized or my skin has reddened a little with age, but I could get away with wearing it all over my face. I have tried Sephora’s color IQ to find the perfect foundation color, but every store comes out with a different number, and withing the same number category, the shades they recommend vary widely in undertone, I really don’t think its a very good system yet. But if you have a foudation that is close to a perfect color, you can look up its color IQ number and investigate the other ones they recommend will match. Christine’s Fondation Matrix gets the undertone better. If you do try the Prescriptives custom blend via video conference, please let us know how it works out for you.
Bobbi Btown lipsticks in Malt, Walnut stain and Mocha stain. Her products intitally were very brown based, but with the takeover byt Estee Laluder, the colors have completely changed, the line is huge and seasonal collections come and go very quckly. Case in point. her Desert Twilight collection, which I boughh all major pieces from, the Bahama Brown Blush/ bronzer, the eye shadow palette which had one great color in it, Twighlihgt, and two lip colors in tubes, Honeyed Tea and Pink something. Maybe I should have included them above, but since they weren’t permanent colors, they were not the first to come to mind! ! But dupes have been impossible to find. And also, bring Prescriptives back to department stores, they seem to be doing a thriving business online!
I looked for one of yours: Bobbi Brown Lip Color – Shimmer Finish (Malt Shimmer) and it is available on Amazon. The others might be too.
Thanks, I bought Malt Shimmer, it is not the same as the original Malt. But we both tried. Thank you!
Awwww! Sorry it wasn’t the same – you’re welcome though!
Walnut Stain — YES! Always looking for a dupe for this!
This one was less of a stain and more of a real lipstick. It was the perfect auburn brown, matched my hair and eyes. Was in my pocketbook all the time. Even her brown based colors now are tinged with pink, like most of the MAC ones. Don’ t know where to find true brown based colors anymore! I read that when Bobbi Btown debuted her ten brown based colors at Bergdorf Goodman’s, they sold out in one day!! That should have told them something!! I’ve fond close colors over the years, but they have all been discontinued. Try taking any good brown lipstick you have and lining it with MAC Hover lip linerr. They call it a caramel brown, I find it adds back the reddish brown that other browns are missing. When I use it with any brown color I have, I put the lipstick on first, then line the lips, then purse my lips together with a little rubbing. It mixed the liner color with the lip color and deepens and warms up the ilip color. I can get the right tone in any depth. It works with MAC Jubilee if you want a beige, or Cliniique Pure Posh, if you want a more orangey brown. Don’t judge that shade on its own until you put a liner on with it. Also, Clinique’s Honeystick lip liner with a gloss on top of it is also close. It seems to be easier to find liners in the right colors than real lipsticks, so I do what Ican! You’d think MAC would have a good selection of browns, becaue they have a huge range of lipsticks, but the only one I have found is Touch, and it has pink in it, but Hover lip liner helps. Summer and Fall are the best time to look for browns, so I’ll keep you posted!!
Anastasia Lash Genius, Hourglass’ old eyeshadow formula, and the original formulation of Chanel No. 19.
Only one for me: MAC Signed Sealed Eyeshadow!!! I never find a dupe for it
ohhh I forget MAC Impeccable Brow Pencil in Taupe
I want the Guerlain meteorites compact to come back. The old version where it was a completely white powder. The new version has several different colors and does not come with with a powder puff. My face is darker than my body and somehow the old version evened my face out and made it whiter. The new version, although nice, does not make me whiter.
I would also like the YSL teint éclat foundation to come back. New version does not match my skin. Although I think BR20 might match but that is not sold in Sweden *shakes fist at YSL in Sweden* and my old shade BR30 no longer matches in the new version of the foundation.
Also it would be nice if the Love,Chloe perfume was not discontinued.
CHLOE!!!! Original!!! Someone please resurrect that fantastic fragrance???
If you mean the ORIGINAL original…it’s still around! My mom wore that when I was a kid! I bought it recently for her– http://www.overstock.com/Health-Beauty/Lagerfeld-Chloe-Womens-3-ounce-Eau-de-Toilette-Spray/4255304/product.html?refccid=QZHS4KR7633YCJ2HRCDDV7XNLA&searchidx=22
Urban Decay Gash eyeshadow. My favorite red eyeshadow of all time. KVD Raw Power is sort of filling the void, but Gash in the current UD formula would be heavenly.
Same! Gash and Goddess were my go-to shadows if I wasn’t wearing Mildew. It’s in the new XX Vice LTD palette but I don’t know if I like the rest of the palette enough to buy it (plus it got a B-).
I haven’t picked up Raw Power yet but I’ve been thinking about it a lot.
Hi Alice, I was unsure on the UD XX Vice blah blah long name palette because these days I wear more neutrals and mattes but I NEEDED Gash so I got the palette. I was nervous too over the B- rating but I’ve really been enjoying it and if its still available I say go for it. I’m using it far more than I expected and once you’ve used the shades a few times it’s like they get better the deeper the dip. Just my 2 cents 🙂
haha I appreciate it, especially knowing once you get past the top layer the shadows apply better (my vice 3 is the same). I looked at the reviews again, and like vice 4 and Urban Spectrum, I already have or have dupes for the ones I like. Thanks though 🙂
MAC Jardin Aires and Pastorale pigments (the former because I only have a wee bit left and the latter because I never managed to get my hands on it) and Dior’s Amber Diamond (I have Rose Diamond and tried to buy Amber for months but it was always “sold out” but in reality it was in the process of being phased out so it was never available). Everything else I have that’s LE or Discontinued, I have enough of to last me for years still even if I do sometimes think “why did they discontinue THAT?”.
1. Estée Lauder double wear cream eyeshadow
2. Makeup Forever HD original formula
3. Stila In the Light palette
Yes!! I still have the original muf hd and it still looks amazing on. I’ve never tried the new formula.
Try the stick. Pretty similar.
Urban Decay Ruthless eyeshadow. I can’t think of anything else at the moment.
To be honest, as much as I have moaned discontinued products in the past, none has been impressive enough to stay in my memory.
Mac Starflash eye shadows specifically Smoke and Diamonds, Mac Riri Boy lipstick and Chanel Dragon lipstick
Oh yes – Starflash (though I have both Grand Entrance and Smoke&Diamonds and they will probably last me til the end of my days but there were other shades I’d have liked to try and so many people didn’t get the chance!) Anyone looking for S&D should content themselves with the fact that Inglot 444 is virtually IDENTICAL in colour and it is actually WAY more pigmented and nice to apply. Stila’s Diamond Lil is also really really close. Another finish/line MAC discontinued and really should have kept was that Mega Metals/Peacocky line of shadows. I’m hoping that since they’ve made permanent at least some of the Extra Dimension shadows, they might bring back either Starflash or Mega Metal. A girl can dream….
Oh I really liked “Smoke and Diamonds” too!
Anastasia Beverly Hills eyebrow products in the shade Strawburn, the only shade I’ve ever found to match my strawberry blond/coppery hair colour. They got rid of the shade when they streamlined the line and claimed that the shade caramel would replace it. LIES, it is muuuuuch more brown and looks like dirt on me. 🙁
Off the top of my head: Gellar Ethereal Rose (? Exact name) all over face color, Benefit Georgia, ?Nars Gilda…seems d/c’d. Ones I missed: CP Squad, Chanel Notorious and Dragon. Kimberly Clark (laugh at the mention of her name!) says Nyx Taupe is d/c’d. Unsure, but that line may be phasing out. Nyx website has them on sale for $2. Snagged that one to make up for missing Notorious.
Try Sephora Contour in Tranquil, it’s not an exact dupe for Chanel Notorious, but probably the closest you can get. It’s a cool-toned gray brown. Since I’m cool-toned, it’s the most natural looking contour on me, mimics shadows. I stockpiled 2 of them in case it ever got DC’d. NYX Taupe (both old and new) is still too warm for me.
Since they never had it @ulta, never saw the non HD taupe. Yeah autocorrect, Nancy, it wrote toupee! WTF? did look at Tranquil, but if I remember correctly, I liked a close MUFE better. Major surprise there. MUFE rules all roosts. ST I use Ash Plum, either as blush or as contour. Don’t contour as often as I highlight, so a $2 Nyx should do. Interesting that it runs warmer than I was led to think. I just love all grays, speaking of MAC goodbyes…. couple of paint pots may still be calling me from there. Will recheck Tranquil, thanks. Only swatched it & brought a q tip full home.
Nars Gilda has been DC’d!!!! I had no idea. I won’t run out anytime soon, but I must hunt for a dupe. It is my go-to peach for my skin tone.
To answer the question…Nars Gilda.
Don’t be sure that it is gone. Nars does weird stuff. Almeria went away, then was reissued. As Almerla, per their website. Niw, it’s gone again. Gilda has exited for brief periods previously, but usually shows back up. It’s not on Nars.com & Sephora hasn’t carried it for ages. I would try Bluemercury.com. They seem to hold onto some of the less distributed Nars for longer.
Hourglass eyeshadow duos
Guerlain Rouge G Gigolo
The Body Shop Rose Musk perfume oil
I also wish that Mac would rediscover their sense of adventure when it comes to their permanent collection lipsticks. Their formulas may have improved but their colour selection has grown narrower.
Yeah I’d love to see MAC lipsticks like “Halsey” and “Gunner” and “Hautecore” made permanent!
1. Benefit Bella Bamba blush. My HG blush. I’ve tried to dupe it, but end up too warm, too cool, too matte, too shimmery…it was perfection!!
2. Clinique Almost Lipstick in Blackberry. This was discontinued about 15 years ago, & I still miss it!! I loved the texture when I applied it, but the stain it left behind was AMAZING. It really looked just like the deep berry color of a blackberry juice stain.
3. Urban Decay Strip eyeshadow. I still have a spare, but it is the best silver eyeshadow ever in the history of the universe.
And for fragrance, L de Lolita Lempicka. Still have a spare of it, but it’s been my signature scent for 8 or 9 years. It’s a warm, spicy vanilla that doesn’t lean too powdery or sweet. It just works perfectly with my body chemistry, and is the fragrance for me that people say YOU smell good, not your perfume smells good. I hope they bring it back!!!
Another big fan of Benefit Bella Bamba! I got a small deluxe sample (about size of an eye shadow) as part of a value kit, and have been hoarding it. So gorgeous, have no idea why it got DC’d 🙁
I ordered it online and have never used or swatched it. I have so many put away and I forget about them. I have to try it out after seeing everyone comment about it. I have olive skin, I wonder how it will look.
I found this http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GAWAG1U/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_a_it?qid=1458516474&sr=8-2&keywords=benefit+bella+bamba+blush
They also have a full size but it’s 47.00 bucks
Haha! I have little scraps around the edge of my last pan that I’m hoarding…and I’m with you!b why of why would they dc it???
Julie, a kind reader (Trish) found Bella Bamba blush on Amazon and posted the link on this blog – the sample size is $12 and full size is $47. Yep, highway robbery, but that’s what happens when stuff gets DC’d. The one I have is sample sized, and it’s barely touched, so I’m good, but thought I would let you know since you’re running super low.
L de Lolita Lempicka is a favorite of mine too, especially in the fall & winter. It’s one of the rare perfume’s that I actually bought a full sized bottle of!
Says it’s available here.
I have not smelled that one you’re talking about but I loooove Lolita lempicka in the dark blue bottle!
You are an absolute sweetheart to post that!! Unfortunately, what’s available is the coral flower version….sigh. the original can be mine for the low, low price of $150, but I’m not ready to pay that much for it….yet…
Neutrogena Lash TInt, UD Lip Gunk in Burn Out, OPI polish in Hollywood Blonde.
L’oreal shine delice lipsticks, my fav l/s line & hg shade of all time; L’oreal translucide foundation, I have never found better, not even close; Benefit eyeshadow in fancy roper, the perfect golden bronze for me.
1. Revlon coffee bean l/s. I know Revlon still has it but the one now is an orangey brown and the coffee bean I remember from the 90s was a pinky brown. Only l/s I have used literally every drop!
2. This may be the nostalgia talking but I want Jane Cosmetics to come back. I mean as in how they were in the 90s. Such a fun brand and they made so many changes since then and they just have never been the same or as good!
3. Probably things I missed out on like Mac’s cubic blush or moleskin e/s or Club Monaco’s famous glaze l/s
Agree 100% about Jane
How is Jane different from what they have now? You want a throwback, how about Biba Blue Roses? You guys are too young to remember THAT hype, and it WAS all that. If you’re feeling like a little recent makeup history, google it some time. And Yardley Glimmericks? Late 60s/ early 70s was all about DS level Brit. Think Twiggy.
Everything is different from Jane from the packaging to the products they offer. No chubby l/s. Eyezings virtually gone. No newsletters giving you ideas how colors to wear. Ok I may not need that bc that was geared toward teens and I am way beyond my teen years lol. It just isn’t the same. Doesn’t have as nearly as many products now. They aren’t as fun and not to mention Jane can hardly be found in the stores now. I could care less about the products you mentioned since I was not even born. I am merely talking about the products from a brand I used that I used to love and I am disappointed they barely resemble the company they once were. Hype has nothing to do with it. They have just changed too much!
Jane is still around:
Didn’t say they cannot be found. I am saying they aren’t as good as they used to be. If you used them in the 90s you’d understand how they once were and what is being passed as Jane now pales in consideration. Too bad the company had such problems and switched hands do many times. Ahh they used to be good. Now they don’t stand out from the pack and offer nothing but lackluster products
Glaze was lovely, but dupable. I have a Vincent Longo at home that would be the equivalent, but I’ll have to look for the name.
Would also add bring back Max Factor to drug stores. They were my absolutely favorite. Their Calorie 2000 mascara was seriously hg!
You can get some MF products from Walgreen’s: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/productlist/N=304408/1/Brands=yes and of course, Amazon.
I may have to pick up their calorie 2000 mascara if they have it but just not the same as going to the store and seeing if anything new is in store!
That’s a bit of a tough one for me. I can’t think of anything major but I’ll have a go. In no particular order:
Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush – I really liked these, they blended so well and there were some lovely colours. I still use the last two I have, and the texture hasn’t changed at all- they’ve not dried out. My Mum has her eye on Dolly Pink though so I may have to give it to her. ?
YSL Eyeliner Effet Faux Cils Long-Wear Cream Eyeliner – I just loved the colours you could get this in. My favourite was called Cherry Black, a black base with a sort of burgundy shimmer through it. Very pretty. It died a death a while back so I’ve been experimenting with layering liquid liner with glitter liners. It’s quite nice actually but obviously it’s not a fine shimmer like the YSL cream eyeliner. I might try layering with shimmery eyeshadow next. ?
SUQQU Creamy Glow Moist Lipstick – I LOVED this formula! As the name implies it was extremely creamy and was one of the few lipsticks that I could comfortably wear for an extended period of time. It didn’t dry up on my lips and look gross like a lot of lipsticks do without maintenance! Not a huge colour selection, mostly neutrals, but 18 Karakurenai is a beautiful red. ?
Yes, YSL creme eyeliner was the best!!!
MAC Miss Dish Lipstick
MAC Rocker Lipstick
Mary Kay Deep Cleanser #3 – excellent creamy cleanser for oil/acne prone skin. Removed all traces of make-up
IMAN Nutbush Eye Pencil (used as a lip pencil) – the perfect shade of caramel brown. Not too red, as with MAC Chestnut.
1) Maybelline Color Tattoo in Nude Pink — would be a perfect eyeshadow base. I really want it, but it’s only available at disgusting prices online.
2) Maybelline Rebel Bloom Color Tattoos — these were so ephemeral
3) Maybelline Color Tattoo Nudes line — the Caramel Cool, Nude Compliment, Sleek & Spice collection
Revlon Colorstay Nail Polish basecoat. I easily got 7 days with no chips. I bought up all the bottles I could find when I heard it was being discontinued.
Revlon lipgloss that was in the square tube. Beautiful colors and lots of product.
Prescriptives foundation that was color matched exactly to your skin. I loved their lipsticks too. I had a grape color that was beautiful and a rare repurchase for me.
Prescriptives is still available on line, but I remember when they had counters at Macy’s. Yes, I’m THAT old!
My first high end was Prescriptives foundation, so yes, me too!
Sorry to hear that that means we’re old!
Hey, I know I saw it instore, but did not attend well. Think it was Macy’s did not have the color match stuff, and is gone now. Somebody brought it back, slightly reinvented after EL 86d it. Remember their Fragrance, Calyx? Liked that line in the EL lineup. And bloody hell, I AM old! And DGAS. At all. Very glad I’m playing the back nine. Think of all that has transpired since Revlon Naked Pink and Blush On was all we could get. Draw yourself some Twiggy lashes next weekend and revel in it. Just make the kids put the infernal phones away!
My sister and I, different cities, both “discovered” Calyx and claimed it as our own. Maybe 1985? I found it online at Clinique and sent it to her last year.
Me too. This is my #1!! It’s not the same as it was when Chantecaille was running things. Curse her for doing something like making her biggest dream come true with her very own eponymous company and ruining my life by crashing Prescriptives!!! I am not at all being dramatic. My hg foundation ( I actually wore the famous 2nd shade that matched the fewest people) AND my hg perfume Calyx in a double punch! Ruined. My. Life. 😉
Yes, I’m extremely old as well lol
1. NARS Day Dream blush
2. Hourglass blush palette
3. Tie between Benefit Nice Melons eyeshadow and MAC Whisper of Guilt
I wish Urban Decay had included “Goddess” as part of their reformulated line, or turned it into a Moondust shadow as they don’t have a blue one. (yeah I know it was in Vice LTD, but it wasn’t good quality and I passed on that palette because I had or had dupes for every shade I liked).
Also UD “Gash” eyeshadow and Escada “Cherry in the Air” perfume.
Cherries in the air was sooooo good! Didn’t know it was limited edition! Ugh. Well, at least they’re usually good about bringing back scents…although I’ve been waiting on Ibiza Hippie for over a decade.
1. Club Monaco Lipstick in Fair Play – a perfect neutral shade for us pale folk.
2. MAC Lipglass in Fashion Spread – this one still haunts me as it was a flawless pink and left your lips looking girly and gorgeous. I’ve had many a MAC Beauty Advisor try to come up with a dupe, but nothing comes close.
3. Too many Chanel Joues Contraste Blushes to even list, but Caprice, Narcisse, Tea Rose, and Rose Dust come to mind. I now consider every.single.chanel.blush to be limited edition.
1. Shiseido eye-shadow in the color Silkspun Green/Gold. (1970’s)
2. Chanel lipstick in the color Midnight Madness. (1980’s)
3. Revlon 24 Hour Creaseless/Waterproof Eye-shadow in the color Very Brown. (1970’s)
4. Almost anything Max Factor!! I still manage to get some on E-bay and Amazon but unfortunately not as much as I would like.
5. You would have to be very old to appreciate this one but I truly miss the perfume called “Ben Hur” which use to be sold in drugstores and dime stores back in the 60’s and 70’s!!
I am sure there are more but those are the ones that I lament on a consistent basis.
Max Factor is available in Australia. You could check with Target Australia and Priceline (a DS beauty shop) to see if they ship internationally to you. We have most of their products here and they are great.
I miss the entire aerie Color makeup collection from like 7 years ago. I also miss Revlon’s ColorBurst lip glosses, especially Peony. Wet n Wild single eyeshadows in Penny & Envy, too!
Oh, and the whole Rock & Republic line!
One of the reasons I quit buying anything Chanel is that they discontinue everything too soon. It is frustrating to find the perfect Chanel lipgloss, only to have to be gone in 3 months. The stuff is so expensive that I decided to fall in love with less expensive brands that keep the same colors for a while!
Mac styled in sepia matte lipstick. Still cannot believe I missed that one. Also RiRi nude matte lipstick. And I’m annoyed they discontinued uninterrupted eyeshadow. Other than that I’ll be fine..!
Chanel lipgloss in Jaipur and Mac riri woo
Riri Woo needs to come back! I know Ruby Woo is close, but I prefer Riri Woo.
Christian Dior “Sculpt” foundation, Bobi Brown “plum” lip liner, Mac limited edition “mystical” lipstick.
Mac. Whisper of guilt highlighter
NARS flamenco, makeup forever HD original formula and… NARS flamenco! I can’t find a dupe that compares, sadly. Perfect strawberry shade ?
Oh, $#!+! Is that done, too? Flamenco. Boo! Hope mine isn’t dead.
1. Chanel Notorious (The crazy gray shade of contour powder that can’t be duped.)
2. Marc Jacobs Perfection Powder Featherweight Foundation (The best, best, best for dry skin!!!)
3. Dior Nude Air Glowing Gardens Illuminating Powder (Make it permanent because everyone loves it.)
I hope these companies are taking notes!
Try Sephora Contour powder in Tranquil, not exact dupe for Notorious, but it’s one of the very few cool-toned powders with gray undertones.
Armani hydra glow foundation!!! Now need primer, foundation, and luminizer to create the effect.
Max Factor thick lip gloss in tube.
Cover Girl marathon mascara.
4. Burberry Antique Rose eyeshadow.
Not discontinued, but limited edition: Colourpop’s Birthday Girl eye shadow. I’m terrified to use what I have left, because when I’m out, it’s gone.
Just three? Okay, here goes ….
1) Chanel Winter Nights quad
2) Old Christian Dior quints such as Summer Star
3) Jane Eye Zings – I loved these
Estee Lauder Kingswood Brandy lispstick
Ultima “The Nakeds” line
Bobbi Brown rose gold eyeshadow BY ITSELF
Burberry Trench is one of the only eye shadows I ever finished. Did you ever find a good dupe?
Bite Luminous Creme Formula
Bite Luminous Creme Formula
Bite Luminous Creme Formula.
I really miss it, guys 🙁
Me, too! I don’t hate the new Amuse Bouche formula, but it’s really nothing like the Luminous Cremes.
Base de maquillaje The Liquid Airbrush Foundation de Kevyn Aucoin. Para mi es un maquillaje perfecto.
Lancome Masque No. 10
Px Oil Free Comfort Lotion
GA Maestro #25 Powder Eye Shadow
Always hoping for the return of the Px Counter
Maybelline Define a Brow in Dark Brown, Perfect color, not too warm or to cool. Used that pencil for years. It out bet all of the pencils on the market for the price. Does anyone know why they discontinued that color but kept the lighter ones?
Revlon Lip Butter in ‘Pink Truffle’ – gorgeous, extremely flattering colour and lovely moisturising formula. I managed to grab quite a few before they disappeared, but I dread the day I run out entirely.
Bobbi Brown Lip Sheer in Rosy. Beautiful soft, dusky warm mauve. Great formulation. Still cross that they discontinued this, three years or so later.
MAC Kohl Power in Orpheus – This was one of the Alexander McQueen LE collection and was a stunning black/gold/olive pencil liner that looked fabulous on my hazel eyes. When I found out it was LE I grabbed a few and am still eking them out, but I will miss them when they are all gone.
I seem to have a track record with falling in love with cosmetics just before the company discontinues them. Very very annoying.
Ulta still has Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle and it’s Buy 1 Get 1 50% off right now 🙂
1. UD had a gorgeous grey mono called Money – not like the one in the Mariposa palette.
2. Max Factor had a lovely navy mascara which they don’t sell here anymore.
3. Tom Ford Emerald Lust – he really should bring that out again in the original formula and make it available internationally. Just love those colours.
Tom Ford Enchanted, Tom Ford Burnished Amber, and Chanel Dragon. I started my makeup game late and these are 3 products I regret missing because of all the love they get. I WANT THEM! 🙁 (Also WHY discontinue Dragon???? So many ppl loved it, surely Chanel wasn’t losing money on it!)
I mourn the Makeup Forever HD Primer. It was discontinued last year and I’m not fond of the replacement line. I loved how light that primer was and how it prepped the skin perfectly. Plus, the scent was so nice and fresh. I so miss it!
I deeply desire for Guerlain to bring back the original Mitsouko EDP formula. The reformulated fragrance hardly bears a resemblance to the original. Also, I would love to see the Borghese lipsticks, in fact the whole line, to become available again. However, I know that the litigation affecting the company may prevent this.
Did they F with Mitsouko? They had better not mess with L’Heure Bleue or Jicky. Mitsouko? Those B…s.
And I have an extra one which is no Problem for you in the USA
Bare Minerals does not sell the Flawless Definition volumizing Mascara in Europe anymore
This is my holy grail Mascara, I have spend a lot of money since they do not sell it in Germany anymore to find a new Mascara which is so good. Haven’t found one yet.
Can anybody tell me why nordstrom sends bare Minerals to Germany and sephora does not, the shipping costs are too high at nordstrom, sephora is ok
Many colors in the Urban Decay lip lines, eye shadows, nail polishes, and the blushes. NARS Doeceur (sp) blush. I have just hit pan on mine, and didn’t get a backup. L’Oreal Lash Out mascara in brown was my perfect mascara for years. Didn’t realize it was going to be discontinued. I have found others, but they have become discontinued as well, I will forever be on the hunt for the perfect mascara. Benefit’s eye shadows in Buckle Bunny, Fancy Roper, and the other Fawn color in the collection. All things Street Wear. I loved the eyeliners, they smudged perfectly for the trend at the time they came out, the nail polishes wear pretty good, and their products on the whole were really nice. The price point was great too.
Stila Puck eyeshadow
Estée Lauder shimmer blush. Closest found is Bobbi Brown Brick Shimmer Rose. Not close enough tho. Sniff sniff
For me it’s only one product and that is Shelaq from Benifit. There is just nothing that even comes close.
I have such light eyebrows they are invisable and this was the only product that would keep my brow pencil intact the whole day. It was even waterproof! I really miss this one
Clinique extremely gentle eye makeup remover. No other had come close.
Chanel concealer stick.
Chanel cake mascara
I can’t really come up with 3 things right off the top of my head, but man how I miss the original OPI My Private Jet!
1) Tom Ford’s Pink Glow compact- I missed it! WAH!
2) Almay Intense i-Color Mascara in Raisin Quartz. – Really brought out the green in my eyes.
3) L’Oreal Le Grand Curl mascara
I wish the Tinted Lip Conditioners by MAC would come back. I’ve been looking for them all over the web and can’t find them anywhere! Sad face.
The first Lorac Mega Pro palette!
Great question, you guys! And great to know I’m not the only oldster who reads this blog!
The only ones I could think are all MAC…
Whisper of Gilt
Reflects Antique Gold
And the full size of Pink Opal!
Max Factor please come back to the US drugstores.
Maybelline Liquid Mineral Foundationot
Maybelline Kissing Coolers
smashbox fusion soft lights in intermix. the only product ever that perked my pale redhead skin into a semblance of a real live person. i’ve spent so much time and money trying to reproduce the effect, to absolutely no success. it’s no longer anywhere to be found.
Tom Ford Pink Glow eye and cheek pallet from last summer. They have a few on eBay from $185-$245 – ridiculous. And MAC Whisper of Guilt also on eBay for $345!!!! No. Way.
1- Chanel Aqua Lumière in Santa Barbara (#62)
2- Urban Decay pencil liner in Glitter Rock
3- Guerlin lip liner in… oh well, I forgot they name of the shade, but it was such a great chameleon! I used to wear it all the time and with pretty much any makeup look.
Paco Rabanne Metal perfume.
A whole bunch of MLBB/pinkish lip stains in pens
Maybelline dream mousse concealer
Honorable mention: Bobbi Brown berry? lip stain ca. 1998
Well I only have one!! MAC HODGEPODGE
1. Tarte lash hugger mascara. I really like their lights, camera, lashes mascara and their new Tarteist lash paint mascara but the lash hugger was amazing. It worked really well on its own but it was also really good to layer with other mascaras to make my lashes even more dramatic.
2. MAC stunner and at dusk blushes. They were just perfect. I still kick myself for not getting at least 20 backups of stunner and I’m too scared to use my at dusk backup lol
3. MAC pink poodle lipstick. I have several bright pink lipsticks but this one is one of my all time favorites and I wish they’d just bring it back permanently
All nail polishes: OPI Party in my Cabana, OPI Off with Her Red and Sephora by OPI Break a Leg Warmer.
Everything Max Factor to the US please!!! Some of my first and favorite makeup!
1) Clinique sold a powder eye liner that required a wet brush to apply. It was sold in a rectangular, single shade compact. So easy and lined the eyes beautifully.
2) Elizabeth Arden had a line of super pigmented lipstick crayons that had ‘LipTalkers’ in the name. I’ve never experienced such rich pigmentation in a similar product.
3) Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Foundation. Serum infused, highly moisturizing full coverage foundation. Luminosity and coverage in one product. I’ll be sad when I’ve used what stock I got my hands on!
Most of the MAC discontinued products ( or the limited edition ones) and the ysl creme blushes. I really fall in love with most of the MAC LE ones; and then poof!!!! They r gone. Also the original formulations of so many best seller perfumes( nina ricci l’air du temps) comes to my mind now. I mean if they r already best sellers; why change the formula…. I really dont get it.
Cover Girl Marathon Mascara-still haven’t found an acceptable replacement; Revlon Colorburst Lipsticks-amazing shades, perfect texture and unscented/unflavored; MUFE HD foundation-the original-why mess with perfection?
Mac beauty powder in Pretty Baby from Diana Ross collection. It was the perfect beauty powder. It just added some freshness. Mac Signed Sealed eyeshadow, Mac Shale eyeshadow in the OLD formula. I compared my old one to my new and it’s so much thinner. It doesn’t show up as the same shadow.
Not three…..SUQQU S eyeshadow brush, Chanel # 637 Malice nail polish, Armani ETK 30 Rose Popillia, MAC Signed, Sealed and in extension the matte² formula Shiseido Feminite Du Bois parfum .
I have two, Lancôme Vintage Rose lipstick and my all time favorite, Benefit’s Rush Hour.
OH I ABSOLUTELY LOVED MAYBELLINE ULTRA BIG ULTRA LASH-WATERPROOF MASCARA-OH I WISH THEY’D BRING IT BACK!!
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in ‘Binge’…my favorite eyeliner color of ALL TIME.
Try tarina tarentino eyeliner in the shade cute robot! It’s available on Amazon. I have both, and they are VERY similar!!
Wow, I just emailed a blogger about a dupe for my All Time Fav Lip Gloss. It’s pretty serious that I give it that title, I’m a glossaholic. I do not have 3 products to list, just my gloss:
Urban Decay Stardust Lipgloss in ANDROMEDA!
Armani’s original satin lipstick in 93, the most beautiful pinky-mauve go with anything color. I’ve had it recreated by 3CC, but the formula just doesn’t compare. Armani’s Flash Lacquers, particularly 103 and 524 (which is a perfect match for the lipstick!). I like the new lip gloss/stain hybrid, but these are the best glosses period. Finally, I’d have to say the Chantecaille Aqua Blush – they were amazing and lasted forever. Though I would echo Stila’s Puck as a fabulous shadow that should never have been discontinued. That killed Stila for me, honestly.
I don’t have a top 3 but MAC’s moleskin eyeshadow was the PERFECT transition color! When I hit pan on that I was so sad. I know kid and wedge were “dupes” but they weren’t the same on me and kid was also discontinued even if they were the same.
Mac’s Fix + extensions line, especially the Cucumber scent! And Mac Next to Skin blush, it was the perfect light contour shade for my fair skin!
For the Max Factor whole line of make-up! Foundations, Lipsticks, Mascaras. The Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara was the best in my opinion and I believe that it was even rated the best in Consumer Report Magazine!
1) MAC Reed Powder Blush – I still have a pan but I think this is a great shade for WOC. A great shade period.
2) MAC Prom Princess Powder Blush -I never got one and I want this shade. The Archies collection was the last good l.e. collection in my opinion.
3) MAC Dirty Plum Powder Blush – Another one that is great that was available at a time when I was not buying makeup much.
NARS Strawberry Fields Lipgloss, Chanel Notorious Blush, and Chanel Rouge Allure Laques as they had two shades I loved Dragon and the wine color who’s name I’ve forgotten!
My top 3 discontinued products would be Nars cream eye shadow in Paper Tiger, Nars single matte eye shadow in Black Forest, and OPI Softshades nail polish in Glints of Glinda.
I am like LindaLibraLoca – I have moaned a lot but can’t recall too many.
1) Clinique used to make a chubby stick type thing that you could use to remove eyeliner or mascara and it left your base. Not sure how it worked but it was a miracle. No longer made.
2) Mac had a holiday color several years ago that I LOVE and one just popped up on ebay for over $50. considering it is about 10 yrs old, I am giving a pass but still. No dupes as of yet!
3) in about 1984 (?) When did Aerosmith come out with Permanent Vacation? Wet N Wild (which was 2 / $1 at the time) came out with about 4 colors of frosted lip colors that were a VERY emollient powder with the old fashioned sponge applicator to apply. It LASTED FOREVER. When it became harder and harder to find, we hoarded it and it lasted pretty much thru 1988. 🙁 I think someone should bring it ack. Much better and less drying than current matte’s and also had frost finish vs. matte.
Just piling onto the Dragon and Max Factor trains. I understand feeling the need to reformulate, but not to retain Dragon is baffling. And Max Factor 2000 Calorie – nothing else comes close.
This is a great question and lets us mourn our makeup faves together.
1. Prescriptives was my 1st hg foundation. I was devastated when it went away.
2. My 2nd hg foundation was Tarte’s Miracle Maracuja. I’m still FURIOUS they discontinued such a great product. Especially since they have released then almost immediately and quietly phased out at least 3 no 4 new bases that just weren’t very good. Oh how I miss thee my maracuja miracle.
3. I’m going to show my age here but anyone remember Body on Tap shampoo? OMG it smelled AMAZING! And my thin hair was transformed into bouncy shiny full of body hair…loved it!!! This should have been my #1 because all these years later I still miss the effect and the lucious smell.
1. MAC Smoke & Diamonds eyeshadow from the Starflash collection (not quite discontinued but LE)
2. MAC Launch Away! blush from the Hey, Sailor! collection (same as above)
3. Redken Phinal Phase conditioner. An oldie, but a goodie, it was around forever until it wasn’t. It was a super lightweight conditioner that claimed to balance the Ph levels in your hair. I don’t know about that, but it left me with shiny, bouncy hair AND it was light enough that I could use it all over my head (not just the ends) without weighing down my roots.
GA Maestro #25 Powder Eye Shadow
Px Oil Free Comfort Lotion
Lancome Mask #10
Miss the Px Counter