Wet ‘n’ Wild Goddess Glow MegaGlo Liquid Highlighter ($5.99 for 0.50 oz.) is a medium gold with warm, orange undertones and a fine, pearly sheen. It had medium coverage, which was buildable to nearly opaque coverage with two to three layers (though you’ll want to wait for each layer to dry). I found it photographed and appeared lighter (most of the time) with how well it reflected light back.
The texture was thin without being too watery, and it spread nicely across the skin for even coverage that worked well on bare skin as well as over foundation as it did not lift up my foundation. It dried down fully but always looked quite dewy, and I could really catch my highlight whenever I passed by a mirror. This shade wore well for eight and a half hours on me.
- Melt Cosmetics Gold Ore (P, $39.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Side Piece (LE, $26.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Becca Topaz Flashes Gilt (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- NARS Ibiza (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- NARS Double Take (LE, $42.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Golden Flower Crown (P, $4.99) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NARS Coucher de Soleil I (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Dior Glowing Nude (002) (LE, $58.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Edition #17 (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- LORAC Twilight (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
$5.99/0.5 oz. - $11.98 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage that is "hydrating" and will help "smooth out the skin's texture." The doefoot applicator made it practical to apply the highlighter onto the face for spot highlighting, but for those who prefer to mix a liquid highlighter into other products (like primer, moisturizer, and foundation), it may not be as useful as a dropper, though I think you can get enough product off the doefoot applicator for mixing if desired.
The highlighter was thin enough to feel like a liquid, work for spot highlighting or mixing in with other products, but still had medium pigmentation. It spread beautifully over the skin with a brush or fingertips, though I prefer fingertips when working over a base (like foundation) to gently pat and spread the product and using the edges of my fingertip to diffuse the highlighter. The formula did exceptionally well over foundation and never lifted mine up (and I used some drier, more matte formulas with it). The highlighters lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
I was surprised that the product actually came in a glass bottle, as I would have expected plastic, and in a way, I might have preferred plastic for fear of the glass breaking in a bag, though it's not uncommon for liquid highlighters to come in a glass bottle.
Browse all of our Wet 'n' Wild MegaGlo Liquid Highlighter swatches.
Isododecane, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Isohexadecane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dextrin Palmitate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Butylene Glycol , Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Synthetic Wax, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Phytosteryl Macadamiate, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Sorbic Acid, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Disiloxane, o-Cymen-5-ol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Isoeicosane, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, [+/- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77499, Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891].