Wet ‘n’ Wild Bronze Dynasty Color Icon Bronzer ($4.99 for 0.19 oz.) is a muted, medium brown with warm, rosy undertones and a golden sheen. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation that applied evenly to bare skin and blended out fairly well. The consistency was soft and smooth to the touch with a moderate density that gave it more of a powder-cream hybrid feel overall. It applied best with a denser brush, and I liked buffer brushes as they seemed to distribute the bronzer well to bare skin and blended out the edges more readily than fluffier brushes. There was a natural sheen on my skin that was noticeable but did not accentuate my skin’s natural texture. It stayed on well for eight hours on me before I noticed slight fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Jet Set (LE, $12.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Essence Bespoke (P, $2.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Becca Sunrise Waves (P, $38.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Dior Soft Bronze (03) (P, $48.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Lynx (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Laura Mercier Bronze (02) (P, $40.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Too Faced Sweet Peach Bronzer (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- IT Cosmetics Warm Radiance (P, $34.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Physicians Formula Sunkissed Bronzer (P, $14.99) is brighter (90% similar).
- Too Faced Pineapple Paradise (Bronzer) (PiP, ) is warmer (90% similar).
$4.99/0.38 oz. - $13.13 Per Ounce
The formula was more like a cream-powder hybrid, as the powder had a lot of slip and felt very smooth to the touch without being powdery, and it was on the denser side. It applied best with a circular, small-to-medium buffer brush or an otherwise moderately dense brush as it picked up product more evenly and dispersed it well. The product had medium to opaque coverage, depending on the shade, but they were buildable if they were not opaque in one layer. They blended out fairly well, but they can be tricky to blend over damp foundation--they seemed more reactive to residual moisture/oiliness on the skin compared to the average powder bronzer. I'd recommend lightly dusting translucent powder over your complexion products if they do not dry down to a semi-matte or matte finish.
Browse all of our Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Bronzer swatches.
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silica, Magnesium Myristate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Water/Eau, o-Cymen-5-ol, Tin Oxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Mica, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.