Vieve Holy Chic Nova Glow Highlighter ($37.50 for 0.42 oz.) is a light-medium, peachy gold with strong, warm undertones and a frosted finish. Between the slightly thicker/denser feel of the powder and the size of the shimmer particles, it read a little heavier on my skin and was more prone to emphasizing skin texture/pores (which I don’t find is that common for me).
The powder had opaque color coverage, but the texture itself was dense, somewhat firm, and on the drier side. I was surprised that it wasn’t difficult to pick up, but it did not go on “seamlessly” or like a “cream” highlighter as marketed. It lasted for eight hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Pretty Vulgar Sparkling Sass (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- OFRA Rodeo Drive (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Physicians Formula Champagne (P, $10.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Pat McGrath Bronze Nectar (003) (PiP, $60.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Holly Gold-head (LE, $4.99) is darker (90% similar).
- MAC Light of the Party (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever H106 (P, $23.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Midnight Sun (P, $20.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Get It Glowin' (LE, ) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Luxe (P, $7.50) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
$37.50/0.42 oz. - $89.29 Per Ounce
The powder highlighter formula is supposed to have "the texture of a powder but the finish of a cream" so it "blends seamlessly into skin." The powder was denser, slightly thicker, and more firmly-pressed into the pan, though I didn't have any issues picking up color with a traditional, tapered highlighting brush.
The highlighters had mostly opaque to opaque pigmentation with a more metallic finish that was slightly emphasizing of my skin's texture. I did not feel like it sat on my skin like a cream or "seamlessly." The formula was blendable, though, and lasted around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Vieve Nova Glow Highlighter swatches.
TALC, MICA, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, MYRICA CERIFERA (BAYBERRY) FRUIT WAX, DIMETHICONOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, TROPOLONE, TIN OXIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.