This tutorial is designed to show you step-by-step how to create an easy neutral eye, perfect for work, most occasions, even Valentine’s Day! If you have questions, feel free to ask, as the whole point of this is to help you!
You will need: Cash Flow paint pot (creamy base in an antique gold tone), Goldmine eyeshadow (true gold), Patina eyeshadow (dirty brown-gold), Bronze eyeshadow (dark brown with shimmer), Smut eyeshadow (dark cool brown) Feline kohl power (black kohl liner), Plushlash mascara (black mascara). For cheeks, Margin blush (dark coral-pink) was used; for lips, Russian Red lipstick (red) and Russian Red lipglass (red) were used.
Brushes: 219, 239, 249
Get the step-by-step instructions with photos…
1. Start with a clean eye-space; if you fill-in your brows, you’re welcome to do them now [or later].
2. Use the 249 and take several swipes of Cash Flow paint pot and begin to apply it to the inner lid.
3. Pull it outwards to be able to cover your entire lid area.
4. This is what it should look like.
5. With the 239 brush, pick up a generous amount of Goldmine eyeshadow and apply to the inner lid.
6. This is what it should look like.
7. Still using the 239 brush, pick up Patina eyeshadow and apply to the middle of lid, starting just above the crease and pulling the brush downwards.
8. Pull the color downwards to evenly color the entire middle portion of the lid.
10. Apply Bronze eyeshadow to the outer portion of the lid, beginning just above the outer crease, with the 239 brush.
11. Pull downwards to deposit the color evenly.
12. Bring your brush upwards and into the outer crease to darken it.
13. This is what you should have.
14. With your 239, pick up a small amount of Smut eyeshadow (go light and build up rather than grabbing a bunch, which could get messy), start in the middle-outer portion of the crease with the brush horizontal.
15. Bring the brush outwards towards your outer lid while staying in the crease area.
16. Swish the brush back and forth in that same area with the same angle; this will blend the color into the lid.
17. Now, change the angle of the brush and light brush it upwards to darken above the crease but only gradually.
18. Keep moving the brush back and forth to help blend Smut eyeshadow into the look. Make sure to get a touch of it on the very outer lid/corner.
19. This is what it should look like.
20. Apply a liberal amount of Bamboo eyeshadow onto your 239 brush and begin applying it directly under the inner portion of your brow.
21. Continue to apply it under your inner brow until you feel it fades nicely between the crease area and the brow bone.
22. Pull it outwards towards your outer brow to evenly deposit the highlight color.
23. Keep pulling the brush until you are at the outer edge of your eye space.
24. With your 239 brush held horizontally, pick up a touch of Smut eyeshadow and apply it to the outer third of your lower lash line.
25. Gently tap it towards the center, lightly swishing back and forth to blend it out.
26. This is what it looks like. It helps to “smoke” it out, but if you want to go less dramatic, you could always skip this lash line step.
27. With the 219 brush, pick up Goldmine eyeshadow and apply it to the inner lower lash line, starting at the inner corner and moving towards the center of the lower lash line.
28. Finish by pulling Goldmine eyeshadow along the inner half of the lower lash line.
29. This is what it looks like.