Tower 28 Best Coast Bronzino Illuminating Cream Bronzer ($20.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a medium-dark, coppery brown with warm, red undertones and fine, gold pearl throughout. It had a lightly dewy sheen on my skin, once it “dried down,” which was more of a semi-set feel, as it was a touch tacky to the touch but was reasonably long-wearing.
It had sheer coverage, which could be built up to semi-sheer to medium without feeling heavy or too tacky on my skin. The product applied evenly to bare skin as well as over foundation and did not lift up my base products. It wore well for seven and a half hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Melt Cosmetics Phoenix (LE, $39.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Rare Beauty Captivate (P, $22.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Milani Bronze Burst (P, $13.00) is lighter, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- NARS Cheek Studio III (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- NARS Give It Away (LE, $30.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Hushed Tone (P, $31.00) is more shimmery, cooler, less glossy (90% similar).
- Becca Songbird (P, $32.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- LORAC Golden Hour (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Becca Maui Nights (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Good Luck Charm (LE, $12.00) is lighter, cooler, less glossy (85% similar).
$20.00/0.15 oz. - $133.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" coverage with an "illuminating" effect that is "blendable" and yields a "bronzy sheen." The formula has sheer to semi-sheer coverage, which could be built up to medium coverage, but it was easier to work with when applied as a semi-sheer product.
The texture was balmy, emollient, and lightweight with a touch of tackiness, which helped keep it from spreading too readily, but I'd recommend being gentle when pressing it onto the skin with a fingertip to avoid lifting up base products. It was not particularly prone to lifting up base products, but I had it occur twice out of 10 applications.
The product applied evenly and blended out without difficulty. The shades lasted between seven and eight hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Tower 28 Bronzino Illuminating Cream Bronzer swatches.
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Diisostearyl Malate, Triisostearyl Citrate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Jojoba Esters, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Acacia Decurrens Flower Wax, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Polyglycerin-3, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.