Tarte Spellbound Glow Rainbow Highlighter ($30.00 for 0.20 oz.) is a light, golden pink with warmer undertones and a metallic sheen. If you keep more toward the left side, it will appear warmer and less pink, and if you keep more toward the right side, it will appear cooler and less golden.
It’s a new, limited edition highlighter that’s supposed to impart an “ethereal, rainbow highlight” and can be used swirled together or more concentrated on a particular shade. Each strip is fairly narrow (think better suited for an eye brush), so swirled is the most practical way, and of course, you could lean a little warmer or a little cooler. It’s supposed to be long-wearing and pigmented. The consistency was rather dense but was smooth and blendable on the skin. The pigmentation was great, and it had a strong sheen, so despite the dense texture, a typical highlighting brush worked fine for moderate, buildable coverage. When I applied this at higher coverage, it did emphasize my skin’s natural texture a bit. It wore well for eight hours on me.
- Dior Pink Glow (002) (P, $50.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop Pretty Bonnes (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Flesh Beauty Certain (P, $28.00) is darker (95% similar).
- ColourPop Scrumptious (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- OFRA Pillow Talk (P, $29.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Laura Mercier Devotion (P, $45.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Air (LE, $6.99) is cooler (95% similar).
- Jouer Rose Quartz (P, $24.00) is darker (95% similar).
- L'Oreal Ice (P, $12.99) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever #01 (P, $39.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
Mica, talc, zinc stearate, cetearyl isononanoate, dimethicone, boron nitride, glyceryl behenate, sodium dehydroacetate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, vanillin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hexylene glycol, tin oxide, vanilla planifolia fruit extract, kaolin, ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer, poloxamer 338, silica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492), manganese violet (CI 77742), carmine (CI 75470), ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510). OE111HL000101
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.