Sydney Grace Kaleidoscope Loose Pigment ($6.00 for 0.14 oz.) is a medium-dark, rusty-red base with flecks of copper-to-red shifting sparkle. It semi-sheer color coverage applied with a fingertip or a dampened brush, and I felt like I had to really pack it on to get more opacity out of it.
The texture was chunkier, which posed problems with fallout but also evenness in application of the product physically along with trying to diffuse/blend it out. It lasted for seven hours but had fallout over time.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Huda Beauty Fantasy (PiP, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Ciate Phoenix (P, $24.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Kaja Rose Quartz (P, $16.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Our Secret (LE, $4.50) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Give Me Glow Bouquet (PiP, $7.00) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Sydney Grace Delightful Spark (P, $6.00) is brighter, cooler (85% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Love Resin (PiP, ) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Glittering (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Touch in Sol Persian Rose (6) (P, $18.00) is warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop I Own You (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (80% similar).
$6.00/0.14 oz. - $42.86 Per Ounce
It's designed to be worn alone, though the brand recommends a "mixing medium or a glitter glue" to avoid fallout. The loose consistency was denser and more weighed down, which made it less messy to work with than some more finely-milled (but very powdery) loose eyeshadow formulas available. They were very pigmented without much product, and they had similar coverage applied dry as well as wet.
The wet application typically yielded smoother, more metallic finishes and less fallout compared to dry application. Dry application required a bit more finesse as the product applied best by patting and pressing it on and then gently smoothing it into place, otherwise it had some fallout during application. A few shades that were more sparkly looked a bit chunkier applied to my skin when I used it dry (but were smoother and more forgiving when used wet). They lasted between seven and eight hours on me before creasing.
Browse all of our Sydney Grace Loose Pigment swatches.
Silk Mica (Mica (77019), Boron Nitride, L-Lysine Mica (Mica 77019 and Lauroyl Lysine), Carnauba Mica (Mica 77019 and Carnauba Wax), Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate ((+/- Mica (77019), Fractionated Coconut Oil (Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI77289), Chromium Green (CI77288), Iron Oxide (CI 77499, 77491, 77492), Tin Oxide (CI 778161), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines (77007), Silica, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Zinc (CI 77947), Bronze and Copper Powder (CI 77400), Nylon 12, Carmine (75470), Aluminum (77000) Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, and Hexylene Glycol
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.