Summer Makeup: Molten Lava Goes To the Beach, v. 2
I had a few tutorial requests for a coppery look I did last week, so I decided to modify it a bit so it used only permanent products on the eyes rather than limited edition ones. This is the modified version, and the tutorial should be up on YouTube shortly 🙂 I layered Free to Be and Coppering to get pretty close to Firecracker–though you could certainly use one or the other and still get something quite pretty out of it! I was also all out of the NARS base I had used in the original look, so I used UDPP instead.
By the by, theBalm will be featured on MTV’s Hired tomorrow at 6:30pm! I’m kind of excited, because it would be fun to see the inner-workings of a beauty brand. theBalm will be looking at three final applicants to fill the role of their office assistant.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion (neutral eyeshadow base), Urban Decay Free Love Eyeshadow (melon-peach), MAC Free to Be Eyeshadow (coral), MAC Coppering Eyeshadow (reddish copper), MAC Amber Lights Eyeshadow (copper), MAC Bronze Eyeshadow (bronze), MAC Nylon Eyeshadow (white-gold), MAC Goldmine Eyeshadow (gold), MAC Rich Ground Fluidline (copper), Urban Decay Lucky 24/7 Liner (copper), MAC Black Black Chromagraphic Pencil (black), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Get-Away Bronze Blush (reddish bronze)
- Lips: MAC Thrills Lipstick (rosy copper), MAC Flurry of Fun Lipglass (sheer tangerine with teal reflects)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Firecracker = Paradisco; Get-Away Bronze = = Format; Thrills = La Prairie Rose Bronze; Easy Lounger = Prr
For eyes, start by applying Primer Potion as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Free Love eyeshadow on the inner half of the lid and blend upwards into the tearduct. Lightly blend Free to Be eyeshadow on the middle of the lid with the 239, then layer Coppering eyeshadow on top to darken. With the 239, apply Amber Lights eyeshadow into the lower crease and then blended towards the outer corner and lid.Next, apply Bronze eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending outwards and upwards to fade to the brow bone. Blend Nylon eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Lucky eyeliner on the lower lash line and Black Black pencil on the lower waterline. Line the upper lash line with Rich Ground fluidline applied with the 208; then pat Goldmine eyeshadow on top to lighten. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Get-Away Bronze blush on the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Thrills lipstick first, and then layer Flurry of Fun lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!