Sol Body Catwalk Shimmering Body Powder ($10.00 for 0.18 oz.) has a medium pink base that wasn’t quite as warm-toned compared to the lighter, golden shimmer and larger sparkle running throughout. The texture was denser and stiffer to work with, and it wasn’t a surprise to me to find that the brand recommend application with fingertips as a result–one really needed that pressure to dig into the product.
It had semi-sheer, buildable pigmentation, which was in line with the formula’s description of being “a wash.” It was rather shiny with noticeable flecks of sparkle, so those who tend to like a subtler finish may find it too intense. The highlighter applied evenly and blended out well with a fingertip, but it was better over bare skin or blended out with a brush if one was applying over foundation. It lasted well for eight hours with some migration from the larger sparkles over time.
This product had a faint coconut scent.
- Bobbi Brown Sunrise Glow (P, $48.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Sydney Grace Swinging Vines (LE, $9.00) is lighter, brighter (95% similar).
- ColourPop Glow Burst (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Sunset Glow (P, $48.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Clionadh Clionadh (Dark) (P, $12.50) is more pigmented (90% similar).
- Kosas 8th Muse (High Intensity) (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Kosas 8th Muse (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Maybelline Knockout (LE, $9.99) is lighter (85% similar).
- Give Me Glow You Wanna Peach of Me (P, $17.25) is lighter, more pigmented (85% similar).
- Makeup Geek Starlight (LE, $20.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).