The upcoming MAC x Cinderella collection features a mix of products for eyes, lips, and face. The products come in limited edition, shimmery blue packaging that has a slight iridescent quality to it, but the plastic itself is almost semi-matte so it’s not as shimmery as you might think. Most of the collection under-performed, so unfortunately, I can’t be enthused about the collaboration, despite Cinderella being my favorite childhood movie. The eyeshadow palette was a surprise high performer, but it contains five permanent shades, which is great if you’re new to MAC, but less exciting if you already own a few of them. Pretty It Up pigment was the other higher performing product in the collection, but it was already released in the past.
If you’re really looking for something to buy for packaging, I would recommend the eyeshadow palette or one of the cheek products (so long as you don’t mind sparkle). I think Happily Ever After Lipglass is pretty in person as well, but it’s not a particularly great product all in all. I wish the collection also featured a makeup bag and/or fancy mirrored compact.
- Stroke of Midnight Eyeshadow Palette (A-)
- Little Black Bow Fluidline (B+)
- Mystery Princess Beauty Powder (B+)
- Pretty It Up Pigment (B+)
- Coupe d’Chic Iridescent Pressed Powder (B)
- Free as a Butterfly Lipstick (B-)
- Glass Slipper (B-)
- Happily Ever After Lipglass (B-)
- Evil Stepmother Pigment (C+)
- Royal Ball Lipstick (C+)
- Lightly Tauped Studio Eye Gloss (F)