Rare Beauty Mesmerize Positive Light Silky Touch Highlighter Review & Swatches
Rare Beauty Mesmerize Positive Light Silky Touch Highlighter ($25.00 for 0.098 oz.) is a light rosy copper with a more translucent base and lots of fine pearl that varied from lighter, brighter pink to rose gold to copper.
- More opaque coverage from pearl but sheerer base (as marketed)
- Smooth, finely-milled, not powdery
- Applied evenly and blended out effortlessly
- Long-wearing (8.5 hours before fading)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Dior Pink Riviera (LE, $48.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Morphe Boom (P, $14.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Afternoon Glow (P, $48.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Morning Glory (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- OFRA Blissful (P, $29.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Pat McGrath Champagne Gold (LE, $60.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Artist Couture Yasss! (P, $27.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Rare Beauty Transcend (P, $22.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- MAC Superb (P, $44.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- ColourPop Whimsical Ride (LE, $10.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$25.00/0.098 oz. - $255.10 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have an "ultra glass-like glow" that looks like a liquid highlighter but is, in fact, a powder. It features a "semi-sheer base" that is "packed with ultra smooth, prismatic microshimmers." The magic of the formula was when blended out, as the powder applied evenly, diffused, and looked "melted" and less metallic than initially swatched.
The texture was smooth, almost like a cream-to-powder, as it was quite finely-milled and had no powderiness at all. It picked up well with a dry brush, but I noticed it applied even better with fingertips (for a really smooth, ultra-fine sheen). The shades were more pigmented but had that "semi-sheer base" as marketed as it seemed like the coverage came from the pearl rather than an underlying base color.
The highlighters lasted eight and a half hours on my skin before showing signs of fading.
Browse all of our Rare Beauty Positive Light Silky Touch Highlighter swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tapioca Starch, Boron Nitride, Octyldodecanol, Diisostearyl Malate, Silica, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
S/o at Sephora, but its made the list..want.
For me, this is the one that I know I would love! I’m drawn to coppery, rose-gold and even slightly pinkish tones because they liven up my neutral olive undertone and bring life to my face. This one’s glass-like finish is chef’s kiss 😘
This is gorgeous – what a beautiful colour.
Pretty not in the market for highlighters. I’ve never panned one and have a lot. These look nice tho! This one would be a blush on me. I also have Mac Superb and some colourpop dupes.