Rare Beauty Exhilarate Positive Light Silky Touch Highlighter Review & Swatches
Rare Beauty Exhilarate Positive Light Silky Touch Highlighter ($25.00 for 0.098 oz.) is a medium gold with strong, warm orange undertones and a smooth, luminous sheen.
- More opaque coverage from pearl but sheerer base (as marketed)
- Smooth, finely-milled, not powdery
- Applied evenly and blended out effortlessly
- Long-wearing (8.5 hours before fading)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Becca Topaz Flashes Gilt (LE, $34.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Dior Midnight Wish (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Laura Mercier Infatuation (LE, $45.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Becca Gradient Glow (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- LORAC Fearless (LE, $23.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- NARS Ibiza (P, $38.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Tarte Fire (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Goddess Glow (P, $5.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- rms beauty Midnight Hour (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Dose of Colors Fuego (LE, $28.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
$25.00/0.098 oz. - $255.10 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have an "ultra glass-like glow" that looks like a liquid highlighter but is, in fact, a powder. It features a "semi-sheer base" that is "packed with ultra smooth, prismatic microshimmers." The magic of the formula was when blended out, as the powder applied evenly, diffused, and looked "melted" and less metallic than initially swatched.
The texture was smooth, almost like a cream-to-powder, as it was quite finely-milled and had no powderiness at all. It picked up well with a dry brush, but I noticed it applied even better with fingertips (for a really smooth, ultra-fine sheen). The shades were more pigmented but had that "semi-sheer base" as marketed as it seemed like the coverage came from the pearl rather than an underlying base color.
The highlighters lasted eight and a half hours on my skin before showing signs of fading.
Browse all of our Rare Beauty Positive Light Silky Touch Highlighter swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tapioca Starch, Boron Nitride, Octyldodecanol, Diisostearyl Malate, Silica, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tin Oxide, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
I like that finish! Very nice and pearly.
This looks like the perfect soft glass-like gold that just looks melted right into the skin! WOW!
It looks beautiful in the pan and it translates softly onto your cheeks. I can only see faint evidence of the orangey undertones, which could be off putting for some.
I debated getting this during the recent Sephora 20% off sale but held off. Glad to know it’s a solid product. The color is beautiful.