Glimmers of BS
Pretty Vulgar Glimmers of BS Shimmering Swan HighlighterPretty Vulgar Glimmers of BS Shimmering Swan Highlighter ($32.00 for 0.20 oz.) is a light-medium, peachy beige with warm undertones and a metallic sheen. The powder highlighter is supposed to be “velvety smooth” and “highly pigmented” with a “lustrous” finish. The consistency was smooth, blendable, and easy to work with whether I wanted a barely-there highlight or true-to-pan color, though it was quite pigmented so a moderate touch yielded a very strong highlight on the skin. If one wanted something more diffused or subtle, I would recommend using a lighter hand and a feathery brush.
The powder sat well on the skin without emphasizing my skin’s natural texture, while it still gave a radiant glow. On my normal-to-dry skin, the highlighter lasted for eight and a half hours before starting to fade noticeably on me.
- ColourPop Uoeno (P, $8.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Sydney Grace Rhythm (P, $9.00) is more shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Chanel Metal Peach (LE, $70.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- LORAC Destined (LE, $23.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- ColourPop Beach Party (LE, $8.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Cover FX Celestial (PiP, $34.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Sparkling Rose (LE, $26.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Chanel Coups de Minuit (12) (LE, $45.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop On Tempo (PiP, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- ColourPop Glazed (LE, $8.00) is lighter (85% similar).
Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Talc, Zinc Stearate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Boron Nitride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Hexylene Glycol, Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Aluminum Dimyristate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate.
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.