Physicians Formula Iridescence Butter Highlighter ($10.99 for 0.17 oz.) is a pale lavender with cool undertones and icy violet pearl. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation with a smooth, creamy consistency that felt spongy when pressed down with a fingertip but was thin and more powder-like as soon as I started patting it onto my skin. The highlighter blended out effortlessly and yielded a strong shine on my skin that did not accentuate my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for nine hours on me before fading noticeably.
- MAC Soft Frost (P, $33.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever 5 Frozen Purple (P, $21.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- NARS Wild Phox (LE, $29.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Looxi Beauty Luna (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Pinch Me (LE, $8.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Celestial (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, brighter (90% similar).
- MAC Violet FX (LE, $31.00) is less shimmery, less pigmented (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Halographic (P, $5.99) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Coloured Raine Lavender Dreams (P, $25.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Morphe Stardust (P, $14.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- More dupes -- click to see the full list!
$10.99/0.17 oz. - $64.65 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be a "cream-to-powder" texture that has "one-swipe blendable coverage" with a finish that will "smooth skin texture" in addition to highlighting it. It has a spongy, creamy texture that has slight wetness to the touch, but it has the thinner, more powder-like feel of a cream-to-powder product when worked with (whether using fingertips, brushes, or sponges) and not a thicker, true cream texture. The added slip helped the formula blend seamlessly over my cheek bones while retaining coverage and minimizing any disturbance to my foundation/base products. They worked well over bare skin or on top of liquid foundation or powdered foundation in my experience. The wear time ranged between nine and 10 hours on me. They were scented with a beachy, coconutty scent, though I didn't notice it once applied.
Browse all of our Physicians Formula Butter Highlighter swatches.
Isononyl Isononanoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Silica, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance/Parfum, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Carbonate, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Sodium Hyaluronate, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).