Persona Laguna Cali Glow Highlighter Review, Photos, Swatches
Persona Laguna Cali Glow Highlighter ($24.00 for 0.26 oz.) is a pale, white gold with warm, yellow undertones and flecks of gold micro-sparkle that yielded a metallic sheen. It had semi-opaque pigmentation with a soft, smooth consistency that wasn’t too firmly nor too softly pressed in the pan, though I’d describe it as a denser formula with moderate slip (and there was silicone in it). The powder applied easily onto my skin, blended out well, and stayed on nicely for eight hours.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NYX Ritualistic (P, $9.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Anastasia Starlight (DC, $28.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Becca Vanilla Quartz (LE, $19.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- MAC Double-Gleam (P, $44.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop Ur Glowing (LE, $12.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Milani Pearl (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- NARS Albatross (P, $38.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Tarte Daylight (LE, ) is darker (95% similar).
- Urban Decay Sesso (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- LORAC Starlight (P, $23.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
$24.00/0.26 oz. - $92.31 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to give a "warm, sun kissed reflective glow" that will "build up to a high-impact shine" with an "ultra smooth and creamy" texture. Two of three shades were fairly pigmented with smooth, creamy textures, but one was drier and stiffer in the pan (definitely different than the other two!). The finish they yield is shiny and metallic, so the formula would be ideal for someone who likes a strong highlighter, and I would not consider them a buildable formula (they can be applied with a lighter hand, of course, but they're pigmented overall). I didn't find that it emphasized my skin's texture. They wore around eight hours on me before I noticed fading.
Browse all of our Persona Cali Glow Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Talc, Silica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Theobromo Cacao (cocoa) Seed Butter, Methicone, Tin Oxide, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, May contain +/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Comments on this post are closed.
Super pretty! But I’m chock full of dupes here. Having just received a full-sized pan of UD Sin Afterglow Highlighter as a birthday month perk when I ordered one of the new HiFi lip glosses in Beso. Plus, I already owned UD Now’s The Time and CO Lunch Money.