Pat McGrath Golden Nectar Divine Glow HighlighterPat McGrath Golden Nectar Divine Glow Highlighter ($48.00 for 0.16 oz.) is a light-medium peach with a slightly darker peach base paired with a shiny, reflective finish that was metallic but not prone to emphasizing my skin’s natural texture. The color appeared to have some depth to it as at certain angles, the darker base was more visible, which gave it a more highlighting blush effect on my skin tone.
The powder had semi-opaque, buildable color payoff with a smooth, almost wet-like texture that was more firmly-pressed into the pan, thin (but not in a bad way), and blendable. I didn’t have any issues picking up product with a typical, tapered highlighting brush, and I found it easy to apply and blend out. It wore well for nine hours before fading slightly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Beach Party (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Spotlight (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Milk Makeup Blitzed (P, $28.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Pretty Vulgar Glow Up (P, $32.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Sydney Grace Sweet Peach (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Lancome Rose Twinkle #3 (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Looxi Beauty La Belle (P, $7.50) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Sydney Grace Candied Peach (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Dior #001 (DC, $56.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Guilty Pleasure (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
$48.00/0.16 oz. - $300.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have an "ultra-reflective finish" and "silken feel" to give a "high intensity glow." The texture felt more emollient, almost wet to the touch, though it was distinctively a powder-based formula in practice.
It had mostly opaque, buildable color coverage with a very thin, lightweight texture that applied evenly to bare skin and blended out with ease. The finish was "high intensity" but didn't emphasize my skin's natural texture. It wore well for eight and a half hours before fading a bit.
Browse all of our Pat McGrath Divine Glow Highlighter swatches.