NYX Lavender Steel Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder ($7.99 for 0.21 oz.) is an iridescent, lavender with a pale, grayish beige base. It looked more like a very light lavender applied to the skin that appeared deeper in color as I moved around. Mine arrived broken (it’s not an Ulta order unless at least one thing arrives broken), so it was a little harder to discern the true texture, but it seemed a touch drier overall to me and not quite as smooth. It had semi-opaque, buildable coverage that blended out with ease and sat well on the skin (no emphasis of pores!). On me, the highlighter started to fade after eight hours of wear.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Bite Beauty Blush Pearl (P, $24.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Morphe Stardust (P, $14.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- NARS Wild Phox (LE, $29.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Becca Prismatic Amethyst (LE, $38.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Soft Frost (P, $37.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Too Faced Unicorn Tears (LE, $28.00) is less shimmery, more muted (90% similar).
- ColourPop Pinch Me (LE, $8.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Becca Aquamarine (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Pink Light (P, $45.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Confetti (P, $25.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
$7.99/0.21 oz. - $38.05 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to "blend like a dream" and have a "luminous finish." The pigmentation varied from semi-sheer to mostly opaque with a denser, lightly creamy texture that felt thicker in the pan but did not look or feel that way on my skin. I would recommend using a denser brush or using a heavier hand to get product onto the brush. I didn’t feel like the powder was stiff, but it wasn’t as loosely pressed as a lot of highlighters on the market, which did make it easier to control and build coverage and sheen up. They lasted around eight hours on me.
Browse all of our NYX Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder swatches.
Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.