Natasha Denona Light (01) Face Glow Cream Shimmer ($38.00 for 0.32 oz.) is a very pale, golden beige with moderate, warm undertones and a dewy, pearlescent sheen. It had a smooth, moderately emollient texture that spread easily across bare skin as well as patted over foundation as it wasn’t prone to lifting up my base.
It had buildable coverage that ranged from higher medium to mostly opaque applied directly from the tube and more semi-sheer, buildable (up to semi-opaque) coverage when applied with a brush or fingertips. A brush will typically apply the sheerest amount of product compared to fingertips or using it directly from the tube. The formula doesn’t dry down, so it had a wet-like sheen that was faintly shimmery but not prone to emphasizing skin texture. It wore nicely for eight hours before looking like it was moving around a bit.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Colour Pop Counting Sheep (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Kosas Velvet Melon (Highlighter) (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani No. 02 (P, $62.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Light (PiP, ) is darker (90% similar).
- Becca Champagne Pop (P, $41.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- NYX Crystal Glare (P, $6.99) is darker (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Original (P, $38.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Talk in Code (LE, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Kaja Toy Alien (P, $19.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Dior Universal (001) (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
$38.00/1 oz. - $38.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable pigment" with an "intense" illumination that gives a "radiant glow-from-within look." The formula has a slightly gel-like feel, as there was better spreadability to the product over bare skin as well as over foundation (without lifting up base products) and could be used with fingertips as well as brushes.
It had moderate slip, and it never fully dried down, so it did have a strong shine and dewy finish. The pigmentation was medium to semi-opaque in one layer applied directly from the tube, whereas fingertip and brush application tended to be more semi-sheer and buildable to about semi-opaque. The formula lasted around eight hours on average before it started to wear away/down.
Browse all of our Natasha Denona Face Glow Cream Shimmer swatches.
Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecanol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Mica, Polyethylene, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Synthetic Wax, Carthamus Tinctorius Oil [Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil], Tin Oxide, Litchi Chinensis Extract (Litchi Chinensis Fruit Extract), Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491, Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides).