NARS Orgasm Oil-Infused Lip Tint ($26.00 for 0.17 oz.) is a light-medium pink-tinted base with a light dusting of gold pearl. Its strength was in its shine and plusher look on my lips. It had a sheer level of coverage and brought out the pink tones in my lips, but it did not go on evenly initially–like noticeably uneven along the edges of my lips–and eventually smoothed out and seemed totally even after a half hour of wear.
It was described as a “sheer wash of color” and that it gave a “hint of tint.” As far as an actual stain/tint went, there was a subtle tint left behind that did get a bit deeper with re-application (as it doesn’t last long!), and the coverage was sheer but noticeable against my natural lip color (your mileage may vary if you have more natural pigmentation). The texture was lightweight, smooth, lightly creamy, and a bit plush–a little thicker but not heavy at all–and it was non-sticky. It was comfortable to wear, hydrating, but short-wearing at two and a half hours.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Urban Decay Obsessed (P, $20.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Hack (LE, $6.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Bebe (LE, $25.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Figgy Wit It (P, $8.00) is more muted (90% similar).
- MAC Sixxx Pack (LE, $24.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Pretty In (P, $6.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Check In (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Rare Beauty Nearly Rose (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- NARS Tetiaroa (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- ColourPop Heyyy (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
$26.00/0.17 oz. - $152.94 Per Ounce
The formula was described as a "sheer wash of color" and that it gave a "hint of tint." It was a sheerer-coverage product that ranged from sheer to medium, buildable coverage with noticeable shimmer and tint but the natural lip color definitely came through.
It had a smooth, lightly creamy consistency that felt like a slicker cross between lip balm and lipgloss (that "oil" coming through). It was non-sticky, comfortable to wear, and hydrating, though the wear was between two and three hours.
Browse all of our NARS Oil-Infused Lip Tint swatches.