NARS Lipgloss Comparison
I wish that I could compare all of the original NARS Lipgloss shades to how they appear in the reformulation, but alas, I only have nine of the 23. In this post, I’ve swatched the new and original in the same photo–half and half–so that it is easier to compare.
- Angelika was more pigmented and applied much more smoothly in the original version, which was probably due to the thicker consistency.
- Belize is slightly pinker and darker.
- Dolce Vita had the most noticeable difference; the undertone is much cooler-toned in the reformulated shade. It was an interesting difference to capture, because when merely swatched on the skin, it sometimes looked similar, but it depended on the light. When I blended each swatch out, so it wasn’t as thick/opaque, that undertone difference became more and more prominent.
- Orgasm is sheerer in the reformulated version, but the base is also darker/sheerer, so it doesn’t appear as light on the lips.
- Rose Gitane seemed pretty much the same!
- Stella seemed more pigmented in the reformulation.
- Super Orgasm is noticeably pinker and less sparkly in the reformulated version.
- Supervixen seemed about the same, perhaps a little more shimmery in the reformulated version.
- Wonder seemed the same.
See more swatches!
NARS Angelika Lipgloss Comparison
NARS Belize Lipgloss Comparison
NARS Dolce Vita Lipgloss Comparison
NARS Orgasm Lipgloss Comparison
NARS Rose Gitane Lipgloss Comparison
NARS Stella Lipgloss Comparison
NARS Super Orgasm Lipgloss Comparison
NARS Supervixen Lipgloss Comparison
NARS Wonder Lipgloss Comparison