NARS Laguna Sun Wash Diffusing Bronzer ($40.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a light-medium brown with warm, golden undertones and a matte finish. It had sheer color payoff that was buildable up to medium coverage (two to three layers). The powder was firmer in the pan, and as a result, a dense brush and a heavier touch were necessary to get enough product to transfer onto the brush to apply to my skin. While some firmer powders can be difficult to blend, I had no trouble applying and diffusing the bronzer. This shade just barely shows on me (I think it was slightly more noticeable in person), so I expect this would be ideal for those fairer than I. The bronzer started to fade after seven and a half hours of wear.
The new formula is supposed to have a “matte finish” with a “sheer pigments” that look like “second-skin warmth.” There are four shades, and going from light to dark (per the brand), they are: Seaside, Laguna, Casino, and Falaises. The formula felt smoother and firmer compared to the brand’s Dual-Intensity formula (which has a similar pattern on it). The formula had sheer to medium coverage with some shades being more buildable than others. I had to use a denser brush and heavier hand to ensure product transferred onto my brush, so they would be hard to overdo.
- Viseart Enamored (Bronzer) (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek Sunkissed (P, $22.00) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- MAC Acoustica (LE, $28.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Afternoon Delight (P, $8.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Red Harness Sculpt (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- NARS Laguna (P, $38.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- L'Oreal Light (01) (P, $14.99) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Sephora Fiji (P, $17.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Viseart Ablaze (Bronzer) (PiP, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- ColourPop Private Party (P, $8.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).