NARS Laguna 04 Bronzing Cream Review & Swatches
NARS Laguna 04 Laguna Bronzing Cream ($38.00 for 0.67 oz.) is a dark brown with warm, reddish undertones and a mostly matte finish. It was truer to the buildable coverage it was marketed as having compared to other shades in the range.
- Medium, buildable coverage
- Lightweight, thin, lightly emollient
- Quick to dry down to a more powder-like finish
- Blendable, not prone to lifting up base products
- Long-wearing (eight to nine hours is typical)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Tom Ford Beauty Intensity 2 (Contour) (PiP, ) is lighter (95% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Dark (P, $30.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Milk Makeup Simmer (P, $24.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Tower 28 Simon (P, $20.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Sweet Tea (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Chanel Soleil Tan Deep Bronze (P, $50.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Tarte Crown (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Becca Malibu Soleil (LE, $38.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Chanel Soleil Tan Medium Bronze (392) (P, $50.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Milk Makeup Blitzed (P, $24.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
$38.00/0.67 oz. - $56.72 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "soft-matte" finish that "builds seamlessly" and goes from "cream-to-powder." It is scented with the brand's Monoi de Tahiti oil, which is sort of a beachy scent that was barely noticeable once applied.
The consistency was denser, though not thick, so it didn't have a very emollient feel to the touch, which made it easier to work with over various base products as well as bare skin. It was quick to dry down to the "soft matte" finish, so it was prudent to work one area at a time when blending the product out.
They had medium to semi-opaque (I'd argue most were "too" pigmented based on the marketing), buildable coverage that applied evenly and blended out without too much effort. The colors stayed on well for eight hours before fading noticeably. There is a noticeable fragrance when the jar is open, though I didn't notice the scent much on my face.
Browse all of our NARS Laguna Bronzing Cream swatches.
Dimethicone, Dipentaerythrityl Pentaisononanoate, Trisiloxane, Silica, Polyethylene, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polysilicone-11, Plumeria Alba Flower Extract, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Fragrance (Parfum), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Taitensis Flower, Plumeria Rubra Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, [+/-(May Contain/Peut Contenir): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)].
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Comments on this post are closed.
With my being shut-in all spring due to my surgical healing, in other words, CANNOT use the pool, so I’m definitely too pale for this shade! But, I love the redder, almost cool brown I’m seeing, so maybe next year, idk? I have been using my Becca Malibu Soleil or what’s left of the outer edges of UD Jawbone to bronze and sculpt.