NARS Capri Highlighting Powder (2018) ($38.00 for 0.49 oz.) is a soft, pinkish peach with warm, beige undertones and a luminous sheen. It had semi-opaque coverage, which was buildable to full coverage with a second layer. The powder was smooth, firmer but not difficult to blend out or apply to the skin, and wasn’t powdery at all. There was a moderate shine that could be intensified to semi-metallic with more product. It applied evenly to my cheekbones, diffused easily along the edges, and stayed in place for eight and a half hours.
- Viseart Highlight #1 (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Blossom Glow (P, $4.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- L'Oreal Rose (P, $12.99) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Tarte Gleam (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Light (01) (P, $38.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Cle de Peau Almond (16) (P, $55.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Cle de Peau Bal Masque (LE, $120.00) (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Luminous (P, $30.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Milani Afterglow (P, $10.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Radiant Lights (P, $6.00) is warmer (90% similar).
$38.00/0.49 oz. - $77.55 Per Ounce
The new powder highlighter formula is supposed to "melt seamlessly into skin to enhance your natural glow" with "buildable radiance." The texture had a smooth feel that was finely-milled but firmer, almost stiff in a way, in the pan (not in a bad way), and it was not at all powdery. There was a dryness and thinness present in the texture that made it less like traditional powder highlighter formulas (including the brand's original range of highlighting powders), and none of that translated into poor performance.
That being said, all of the shades applied better on the cheeks than the they did applied to my arm. I also noticed that finish became more and more luminous--almost blindingly at times!--as the powder was buffed and blended on my cheeks. They were very reflective and shiny on my cheek bones with semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation. I had no trouble blending and diffusing any of the shades on my skin, and despite having a firmer feel in the pan, I could use fan brushes and other feathery brushes to pickup product. The powders lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our NARS Highlighting Powder (2018) swatches.