NABLA Cosmetics Profile Skin Bronzing Bronzer Powder ($26.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a medium-dark brown with subtle, warm red undertones and a satin sheen. The finish became more luminous as it was buffed and blended out on my skin, especially when worn at higher coverage.
The texture was smooth to the touch, dense and firmer without being stiff to work with, but it worked best with a moderately dense brush to pick up product evenly. It had nearly opaque coverage in a single layer, so it was more pigmented than described but could be used with a lighter hand if buildable coverage is desired. The powder applied evenly to bare skin and blended out well along the edges. It stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Punta Cana (P, $38.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Cover FX Suntan Bronze (Right) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Unleashed (LE, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Moonlit Violet Sculpt (LE, ) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Bits and Pieces (P, $8.00) is darker, brighter (85% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Capri (Right) (P, $58.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Kosas Deep (P, $34.00) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Deep (4) (P, $55.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Colour Pop Rodeo Drive (P, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Nooner (Bronzer) (PiP, ) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
$26.00/0.23 oz. - $113.04 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable coverage" and can be used wet or dry. The finish is described as a "natural sun-kissed effect" that is "radiant." They were more pigmented than they were buildable, but the denser, firmer consistency made it easier to use a lighter hand with it to get more buildable coverage if desired.
The consistency was comparable to the brand's Skin Glazing highlighters and other baked gelee kind of formulas on the market; denser, firmer and smoother powders that work best with moderately-dense brushes but are very finely-milled, not powdery at all, and have a tendency to look seamless and almost "melted" on skin.
I had no trouble applying and blending out the latest bronzer formula on bare skin or over foundation. The powders at well on my skin, diffused easily along the edges, and lived up to the "radiant" finish promised. They wore between eight and nine hours on me. The "downside" was that they were more semi-opaque or higher in coverage.
Browse all of our NABLA Cosmetics Skin Bronzing Bronzer Powder swatches.