How do I like to spend my Friday afternoon? Perusing online retailers looking for things that might catch my eye (and deliberately not researching for my legal writing final!).Nordstrom.com is a bad, bad place to stop at if you’re trying not to spend money. It’s hard not to find something worth splurging on (um, hello, shoe department?). Here are some drool-worthy products I came across in my weekly perusal… Do note that I haven’t tried these, merely wished to!
1. TanTowel Full Body Application – Classic (Single) ($4.00) is by (newcomer?) TanTowel, which surely has a slew of new products advertised on Nordstrom’s. I’m interested in the idea of single-servings of self-tanner, and it seems like they have a thorough offering of self-tanning products (exfoliators to tanners). I also think $4.00 makes it a GREAT chance for people to try out self-tanning without spending heaps.
2. Juicy Couture Roller Ball Set ($60.00) looks absolutely adorable in its pastel pink and brown box, and I love mesome roll on perfumes. Seems kind of cheap and 12-year-old at first, but it is so convenient. Toss into your purse and go and never worry! I use perfume pretty sparingly, so I don’t need full jars of fragrances for the most part; so a nice set of six miniature roller balls suits me fine.
3. Tom Ford for Men Shower Gel ($30.00) makes me want to take about five showers a day. I adore this scent, even though I’m fully aware that it’s for men. I just don’t care, I like it. It’s a dark, intense scent, and I wish my boyfriend wore cologne, so I could smell it more often. I just may put this on my wish list so at least I can shower in it.
4. Juicy Couture ‘Dirty English’ Eau de Toilette (52.00 to $70.00) is a men’s scent, and I haven’t taken a whiff, but the bottle caught my eye. At first, I saw these packets of black with the same symbol over it, which looked awesome. Then I saw these bottles, and I was like, they should have darkened or made this fragrance look clear… This orange-ish color isn’t working for me. Did I ever mention that I love bottles? If only I was a liquor fan, I could collect some of the more exotic liquor bottles… Ah, well, I guess I’ll settle for perfume.
5. Annick Goutal ‘Petite Chérie’ Eau de Parfum ($230.00) is my “I would love it, but I could never afford it” item for the week. I’m totally tempted by the darling bottle, because I love that springy teal-green, and the angel on top works for me. But oh-so-very-expensive, which means I will definitely be sure to take a sniff next time I’m at Norstrom’s, and perhaps put one of those fragrance tester sticks into my purse since I won’t be getting my hands on a bottle of this!
6. Lancôme Dual End Liner & Shadow: Brush #18 ($30.00) looks to be a multi-tasker’s dream. Get your angled brush (brows, liner) on one end with another brush to help with shadow application on the other end. It just sounds too good to be true. I would say that while you might be able to apply shadow, you may not find it a blending brush in the least. For a girl who likes to do it all with the 239, not sure if this entices me enough to buy it. I sure do like that it’s double-edged… but wait, how do you store it? I store all mine standing up!
What are new beauty have you spotted and been tempted by this past week? Try any of mine? Make sure to share the low down with me!