Moira Rosy Petals Sun Glow Face and Body Highlighter Review & Swatches
Moira Rose Petals Sun Glow Face and Body Highlighter ($14.00 for 0.53 oz.) is a medium, rose gold with subtle, warm undertones and a sparkling, metallic finish that looked almost wet-like on the skin.
- Opaque color payoff
- Soft, velvety texture, not stiff but not powdery
- Applied evenly and blended out with little effort
- More prone to emphasizing skin texture
- Long-wearing (8 hours before fading)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Laura Mercier Temptation (LE, $45.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Dose of Colors Mírame (LE, $28.00) is less shimmery, warmer (95% similar).
- Anastasia Amber Gold (LE, ) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Bobbi Brown Afternoon Glow (P, $48.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- Sydney Grace Allegro (P, $9.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Morphe Boom (P, $14.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Afterglow (P, $39.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Fenty Glow (LE, $38.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- OFRA Blissful (P, $29.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Friction (LE, $30.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
$14.00/0.53 oz. - $26.42 Per Ounce
The Sun Glow Highlighter formula is supposed to have a "creamy powder" texture and "ultra-fine pearl" formula to give "glowing skin." It had a noticeable coconut scent when the commpact is open, though I did not get much scent when I wore the products.
The consistency was smooth, more velvety with good glide/slip, though they still felt like a powder product. The coverage was semi-opaque to opaque and buildable to boot, while the finish was less pearly as it was quite sparkly--if you don't like "glittery" highlighters, you won't like these. On the other hand, if you like high-shine, sparkle, and glow, then these delivered on all three.
I felt like they were a bit more prone to emphasizing skin texture as a result, since they start at a mega-level of glow. They wore eight hours on me before showing signs of fading.
Browse all of our Moira Sun Glow Face and Body Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Isononyl Isononanoate, Petrolatum, Polyisobutene, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Polyethylene, Tin Oxide, Methyl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/ PUEDE CONTENER (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
As much as I love this one, lucky for me, I have DoC Miramé! One of my all-time favorite highlighters, especially in summer.
I like the shade colour, but the wet kind of finish isn’t for me.