Milk Makeup Iced Flex Highlighter ($28.00 for 0.22 oz.) is a light gold with moderate, warm yellow undertones and a luminous sheen. It had a creamier, more reflective finish that was shiny without being overtly shimmery or sparkly. That same creaminess was present in the texture–no powderiness but not too dense or firmly-pressed into the pan either–that gave it a more “melted” look on my skin, especially after an hour or two of wear. It had opaque pigmentation that was easy to dial down if desired, and the powder applied evenly and blended out with little effort. This shade stayed on nicely for eight and a half hours on me before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Colour Pop Bullz Eye (P, $8.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Goody Two Shu (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Hourglass Champagne Strobe Light (LE, ) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Lancome Gilded Gold (LE, ) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Anastasia Vegas (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Now's the Time (LE, $26.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Kaja Gleamy (P, $24.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Wet 'n' Wild Earth (LE, $6.99) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Fire Crystal (PiP, $36.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Anastasia Sunburst (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
$28.00/0.22 oz. - $127.27 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to apply "seamlessly" to skin and hydrate skin with a "weightless pearlescent base" that gives "next-level glow." There's no specific description about coverage, but the promotional swatches showed all shades as opaque. The formula is as smooth and as silky as described; it felt like a thinner, powdery cream than it felt like a true powder. It had good glide and slip, and I did feel like it "melted" a bit when applied to my skin, so it had that "seamless" aspect to it as marketed. The finish ranged from moderately luminous to sparkling, and the intensity of the glow could be built up. The pigmentation was more opaque, but it could be used with a lighter hand for more buildable coverage if preferred. They lasted between eight and nine hours on me.
Browse all of our Milk Makeup Flex Highlighter swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isostearyl Alcohol, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Diamond Powder, Moonstone Powder, Topaz, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Nymphaea Coerulea Flower Extract, Trihydroxystearin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glucomannan, [+/- May Contain/Peut Contenir: Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)]