Sun Tan (03)
Milani Sun Tan (03) Silky Matte Bronzing Powder ($9.99 for 0.34 oz.) is a medium, reddish-brown with warm undertones and a matte finish. It was richly pigmented with a smooth, velvety consistency that wasn’t powdery nor too firmly-pressed in the pan. It was supposed to be buildable, though, and it took an extremely light hand and a feathery brush to achieve more buildable coverage if preferred. The color applied fairly evenly to bare skin, but between the richness in powder and finish, it darkened slightly and adhered more readily to my skin, which made it harder to diffuse and blend out seamlessly. It was better applied over matte foundation or just-set complexion products. It lasted for eight and a half hours on me before fading noticeably.
- Guerlain #02 (P, $53.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Sephora Bora Bora (P, $17.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- MAC Give Me Life (LE, $28.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Soleil Afterglow (Bronzer) (LE, ) is cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Gold Dust (P, $110.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Bronzed (P, $28.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop CA Dreaming (P, $8.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Too Faced Sunny Honey (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Nooner (Bronzer) (PiP, ) is cooler (85% similar).
- Estee Lauder Java Sun (LE, $65.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
$9.99/0.34 oz. - $29.38 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "buildable" color that "blends seamlessly" and has "long-wear." The powders have a velvety, finely-milled texture that was denser, so there wasn't a lot of powderiness in the pan, but it was fairly blendable. The denser, more matte powder aspect of this product made it easiest to apply over powder foundation, drier skin, or just-set foundation. If my liquid foundation was still drying down or didn't dry down (dewy finishes!), it could stick too strongly to certain areas without diffusing or spreading as readily elsewhere. They were quite pigmented, too, and to build them up more gradually required using a very light hand and a less-dense brush (like a highlighting or fan brush) instead of a more typical, large-sized bronzing brush. The formula lasted eight hours on average on me.
Browse all of our Milani Silky Matte Bronzing Powder swatches.
Talc, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Mica, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Hexylene Glycol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Diisostearyl Malate, Lauroyl Lysine, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Taitensis Flower, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Flavor. May Contain: Red 7 (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).