Melt Cosmetics Stargazer Digital Dust Highlight ($39.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a light, peachy gold with warm undertones and a metallic sheen. It had good color coverage that was buildable to full coverage in less than half of a layer more. The consistency was soft, just a smidgen dry to the touch, but it blended out really beautifully on the skin and never looked dry. The highlighter had a reflective finish that seemed to smooth out my skin’s natural texture instead of potentially accentuating it. It lasted for eight hours on me.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer (PiP, $24.00) is darker (95% similar).
- NARS Gold Leash (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Clinique Gold Celebration Pop (LE, $25.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Fine Line (PiP, $8.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Tarte Exposed (P, $28.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Mean Money (PiP, $36.00) is less shimmery (90% similar).
- Becca Passion (P, $38.00) is more shimmery, cooler, glossier (90% similar).
- Tarte Sunlight (PiP, ) is lighter (90% similar).
- Becca Moonstone (DC, $38.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Rêve Salé II (LE, ) is lighter (90% similar).
$39.00/0.28 oz. - $139.29 Per Ounce
The brand doesn't have a great description of the highlighter formula generally, just descriptions of each shade. The lightest shade--Stargazer--is described as "buildable" but the other two are silent with respect to pigmentation, and the lightest shade was quite pigmented. Since there was no general description, I'm holding the formula to the average powder highlighter's claims--pigmented, long-wearing, and blendable, except Stargazer, which I would expect to have "buildable" pigmentation. The formula has a denser, firmer texture, but it never felt stiff nor was it difficult to blend out on the skin. The coverage was semi-opaque and buildable with a high-shine to metallic finish. All three lasted eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Melt Cosmetics Digital Dust Highlight swatches.
Mica, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexlgycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-DI-t-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Xanthan Gum, Tin Oxide, Silica, Dicalcium Phosphate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.