Melt Cosmetics Nevermore BlushlightMelt Cosmetics Nevermore Blushlight ($22.00 for 0.13 oz.) is a muted, medium pink with strong, warm undertones and a luminous sheen. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, which I’m sure some will appreciate, but the formula is supposed to have buildable coverage. The texture was soft, silky, and finely-milled with a smoothness that was lightweight and thin but still applied easily to bare skin and blended out well. It could be applied more gradually if one uses a lighter hand. This shade stayed on well for eight and a half hours on me before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Iced (LE, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Milani Dolce Pink (P, $7.99) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- By Terry Light & Tan Vibes #2 (LE, ) is lighter, brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- LORAC See Beyond (LE, $23.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Rose Cliff #2 (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, brighter (85% similar).
- Dior Rose Baiser (361) (P, $44.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Ciate In Too Deep (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Cover FX Pink Dahlia (Right) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (80% similar).
- Cover FX Mojave Mauve (Right) (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (80% similar).
- LORAC Bold Spirit (LE, $23.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
$22.00/0.13 oz. - $169.23 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be buildable and can be worn alone or layered with other blushes. I'd consider it a more pigmented blush formula; a few shades are soft and yielding enough to be used with a lighter hand or less-dense brush for sheerer, more buildable application, but most shades were semi-opaque to opaque in one layer. The texture ranged from smooth, lightly creamy to soft and slightly powdery (though finely-milled and silky to the touch!). They blended out fairly well, though a few shades could have been more blendable, and most shades lasted between seven and eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Melt Cosmetics Blushlight swatches.
Mica, Talc, Triethylhexanoin, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Carbonate, Lauroyl Lysine, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Carmine (Ci 75470), Tin Oxide (Ci 77861).